PDA

View Full Version : Before Installing V.1.5, A Few??'s...

sandybeach
2007-09-04, 08:43
Being the Dinosaur I am & having Opted OUT of the Microsoft "patch 'til it doesn't work then sell 'em a new one to patch" game, I'm running XPPro SP1 with a few selected patches.
I'm, for same reason, unable to use Firefox & Java 5/6(No SP2) so am running Mozilla Sea Monkey v.1.1.2 & Java 1.4.2_15. Any chance some new version/update of S&D could add Sea Monkey to Supported Browser list??

My current 1.4 is running with a Extra Pack of Skins(currently using a beautiful Blue One). Will I still able to use these skin choices in 1.5?? I have original copy in My Docs to add to S&D 1.5 file if OK.

I currently have S&D locking down my Home & search pages
(Blank & Google). Is this option also available in 1.5?

Do I have to disable TT & Bad download blocker (resident) before un-installing 1.4 properly??

I have recently added Comodo BOClean v.4.25 to my select group of protectors (Avg Free AV, AVG Free A.S scanner only (both 7.5). I have discovered some conflicts between BOC & Tea Timer (both active causes system hangs) so I'm disabling TT while BOC active. Any chance Patrick & Team can confab w/ Kevin to find a work around or minor bug fix?? TT has saved my tail on several occasions by interfering with malware install path routings!!:bigthumb:

Keep up your good work & don't relax your moral standards (give into extortion by malware makers etc.) as you're the ONLY protector I trust 100% to watch over my well being. :angel: Others (like Adaware etc.) to varying degrees only.:sad:

I stand amazed you have managed to make 1.5 work w/ Vista (the horror!!) at all!:bigthumb:

Thanks for taking the time to read & reply!!:heart: Sandy.

spybotsandra
2007-09-04, 10:35
Hello Sandy,

It should all work on the new version of Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.5, also your personal skin.

Please uninstall the older version of Spybot - Search & Destroy before installing the new version.
In order to uninstall Spybot-S&D, please consider the following link:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/howto/uninstall.html
It is important to use the "very small fix".
Then download the new version of Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.5.
You will find links to several download locations on our website.
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
Please search for new updates after installing Spybot-S&D 1.5.
We hope you enjoy 1.5 even more than our previous releases!

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

kissbaby
2007-09-05, 01:45
ok,,,,i read this post ,,it say to un-install version 1.4 before u get the new version,,but the fix thing i dont get ,,,nothing downloads,,i dont get it :sad:

sandybeach
2007-09-05, 07:12
confirm/clarify a few items so please bear w/ me....

IF I don't want to dump my 1.4 settings (resident/skins etc.) can I just do normal un-install without registry erase fix?? Current 1.4 is fully up to date.

If I MUST reg fix, how do I "run it" (step by step PLEASE!)?
Being more than 1/2 way to 100, & only 3 yrs. on computers,I've avoided reg stuff as much as possible.

Kissbaby: The fix is a registry entry ordering the removal of all retained Spybot registry files presented as a text file.
That's really the limit of my guess work!(LOL):red:

I appreciate time for instruction (since numerous others even less geeky than myself will be asking their Guru (me LOL!) how, why & how do I fix my mess?)!

Thanks, again! ;) Sandy

spybotsandra
2007-09-05, 10:08
Hello,

You can also remove your way.
But we recommend the small fix in general because there might be problems with beta or release candidates installed before.

@kissbaby:
About the very small fix:
This is how to use it:
On our website please right-click the 'very small fix'-link and choose 'Save as'.
The small fix will then be downloaded. Now you can execute it with a double click on its symbol.
If this does not work, you can right click the small fix download and choose 'Merge'.
Now all entries that belong to Spybot - Search & Destroy will be deleted from the registry.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

sandybeach
2007-09-06, 06:35
reg fix NOT absolutely necessary for usual users. I have only normal downloads from updates so no betas here & will give "normal" re & re a try. I can always redo w/ fix if necessary.:heart: :angel: Sandy.

PepiMK
2007-09-06, 16:49
Nope, and we haven't recommended the small fix for quite some time, except some overeager FAQ editors here :lip: