PDA

View Full Version : Spybot 1.5 not updating

schmitty8225
2007-09-05, 19:41
1.5 is not downloading any updates and it is saying everything is up to date but when I run a scan it says there are no detections in the database. I tried installing the updates manually and it only gave me 31 definitions.

spybotsandra
2007-09-06, 09:58
Hello,

Please try this download link: http://www.spybotupdates.com/updates/files/spybotsd_includes.exe

Please run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode" and select "Settings" --> "File Sets" in the left bar. There, please right-click somewhere into the list and choose "select all available checks".

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

zapjb
2007-09-06, 21:43
I'm going to try this my myself. Thanks

md usa spybot fan
2007-09-07, 00:40
I'm going to try this my myself. Thanks
Zapjb:

What?

Going to go off in another direction? Just impatient? No longer want/need help here?
1.5 can't dl Immunization db 2007-07-25
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=17538

zapjb
2007-09-07, 01:37
No. Sorry for the confusion.

I thought I'd look at:
Please run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode" and select "Settings" --> "File Sets" in the left bar. There, please right-click somewhere into the list and choose "select all available checks".

To see if I could reverse my action of rt click & excluding later CLSIDs.sbs immunization database updates. I still don't know how to reverse the exclusion.

schmitty8225
2007-09-18, 23:44
Hello,

Please try this download link: http://www.spybotupdates.com/updates/files/spybotsd_includes.exe

Best regards
Sandra
Team SpybotThat doesnt work.

PepiMK
2007-09-19, 11:08
:funny:

Since we're not magicians, I have to ask what exactly did not work:
You didn't find the advanced mode?
You didn't find the Settings bar?
You didn't find the Filesets setting?
A right-click on the list didn't do anything?
After selecting "Select all...", the checkboxes in front of the file sets were still unchecked?
All file sets were checked (checkbox in front of them set), but the next scan still showed only 31 results?(sorry, but it's usually difficult to help without a few details ;) )

schmitty8225
2007-09-21, 00:27
:funny:

Since we're not magicians, I have to ask what exactly did not work:
You didn't find the advanced mode?
You didn't find the Settings bar?
You didn't find the Filesets setting?
A right-click on the list didn't do anything?
After selecting "Select all...", the checkboxes in front of the file sets were still unchecked?
All file sets were checked (checkbox in front of them set), but the next scan still showed only 31 results?(sorry, but it's usually difficult to help without a few details ;) )
Sorry about the lack of detail. I uninstalled and reinstalled and when I try to have it download the updates when its installing I get this error messege.
"Error Sending Request. The server name or address could not be resolved."
I was able to get the new definitions but I dont think it will update it with Spybot. Ill try next Wed to see if it does or not and post back.