PDA

View Full Version : Fixing Problems After Running Spybot

doowop4evr
2007-09-05, 23:24
I have recently moved from one ATT internet service to ATT.com California. When deciding to add their recommended virus and spyware downloads, the instructions said to remove any and all other programs that I currently used. I did this and ran the new "scans" and when finished, a list of cookies appeared with a note at the bottom that I should view each and everyone and decide which ones to remove! Two or three of them were the same as what shows up when I run my Spybot scan, so I deleted them. The others I left on because I did not understand what the code was after my name on each one. I re-installed Spybot and ran the usual updates, and ran a scan. Sure enough, Trojan, Hitbox, Advertisement and others showed up! I hit the "fix" tab and they went away. My question is this: I've been using Spybot for a long time, and am wondering if by using the ATT programs and Spybot, if I'm wasting time and effort by using both. Also, when I run the ATT programs again this Sunday9/09/07, should I delete all those cookies this time? Appreciate your responses.

spybotsandra
2007-09-06, 09:16
Hello,

This is the tavern - as you can read in the header:
A place to chat or ask questions that are not related to Spybot-S&D support/tools or malware removal.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

doowop4evr
2007-09-06, 18:24
As a first time user, I thought the Tavern was the right place. So I'll know for the next time, can you please adviseme as to where I should post my thread?

spybotsandra
2007-09-06, 18:36
Hello,

The best place should be here:
http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=4
There you will find the button "New Thread" above the list of the existing threads.

Anyway....about your question:
You are not wasting your time by using ATT programs and Spybot - Search & Destroy.
It is not possible for any anti-spyware-tool to detect every threat because the spyware sector is growing and developing too fast.
So it might happen that one anti-spyware-tool detects something that the other misses.
Therefore it is recommendable to run more than one security software.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

doowop4evr
2007-09-06, 21:41
Sandra; thank you very much for your answer and your guidence to the proper location for future postings/threads!!!