PDA

View Full Version : Recovery Query

GraceM
2006-01-15, 03:06
Spybot found 3 items that needed to be fixed so I went through the motions but when I clicked on Recovery, it didn't show up the 3 items that were removed - why would that be? Shouldn't it be there incase I need to get it back?

Thanks, Grace

md usa spybot fan
2006-01-15, 15:54
Spybot does not create recovery files for "Tracking cookies". The storing of other recovery files is controlled by settings within Spybot that are normally checked by default.

Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Settings, scroll down to Main settings and verify that the following three items are checked:
Main settings
□ …
■ Create backups of fixed spyware problems for easy recovery
■ Create backups of removed usage tracks for easy recovery
■ Create backups of fixed system internal problems for easy recovery
□ …
If you still have questions or believe Spybot is not creation recovery files properly, please post the Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm log from when the problem occurred.

By default here are two Checks.yymmdd-hhmm logs produced during a scan. The second Checks.yymmdd-hhmm has the details of what the scan found. A Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm log is produced if you fix or attempt to fix something.

To post the Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm log from the scan/fix there are two methods:
Method 1:
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Tools > View Reports > View Pervious reports. Look for the Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm file from the scan/fix when you had the problem. Open it. Right click > Select all. Right click > Copy. Paste to the post.
Method 2
The Checks.yymmdd-hhmm and Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm files are stored in the following folders:
Windows 95 or 98:
C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows ME:
C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the correct Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm file. Double click on it and it should open with Notepad. Copy and paste into the post.