PDA

View Full Version : BUG? spybotsd_includes has blank directory box when installing with 1.5

gabespc
2007-09-06, 18:13
When I run the spybotsd_includes.exe file after installing 1.5, the address box for the installation directory is blank, and I can't install unless I manually browse for it.

Is this a bug that needs to be looked into? :)

Thanks!
-Gabe
<email address removed to avoid you getting spammed>

PepiMK
2007-09-06, 18:50
It probably has to do with Spybot not having been started at least once before installing updates. spybotsd_includes.exe can be started with parameter /D=C:\...(foldername here)\ since you seem to use it from a batch anyway.

gabespc
2007-09-06, 19:43
It probably has to do with Spybot not having been started at least once before installing updates. spybotsd_includes.exe can be started with parameter /D=C:\...(foldername here)\ since you seem to use it from a batch anyway.

I tried adding that to the batch file, and it *almost* works. It puts "C:\program files\spybot - search" in the box and makes a new directory called that to install to instead of going into the existing Spybot directory. Looks like the '&' must be the problem. I tried putting quotes around the entire path, as is necessary for some paths with spaces in them in batch files, but that just didn't work at all. Any suggestions?

I appreciate the help!
-Gabe

gabespc
2007-09-06, 19:49
By the way, I know there's not a silent install feature for them, but are there any other switches that can be used with this or any of the other updates that migth be handy to add to the batch file?

Thanks much!
-Gabe

PepiMK
2007-09-06, 20:26
The small updaters are all done with NSIS (NullSoft Installer Script), so all NSIS parameters are valid. You can find that documentation around here (http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page); the only thing I can remember right now is /S.

Regarding the path problem... it somehow works when used from within the main Spybot-S&D installer (which downloads this same manual updater and executes it using /S /D={app}), no idea why it would break at the amp. Might be worth trying to escape it, either as \& or as &&.

gabespc
2007-09-06, 21:11
I finally got it to work by using ".C:\..\Spybot~1".
Nothing else worked. I tried:
&&
&amp
/&
\&
%&

The /S will be nice, too. I'd been told before by someone in Spybot support that there was no silent install function in the small updaters. That will save me about 8 clicks, right there!

Thanks for everything!
-Gabe