PDA

View Full Version : Is this the right place to say thank you?

BuckarooBanzi
2007-09-08, 01:42
To all of you that take your time, to help the rest of
us..... Thank You for all you do.

I don't think they can ever pay you enough.

I don't think enough of those that are helped from your
services give enough.

I don't think I make enough money in a year too say,
Thank you enough.

But I will Donate to help your efforts, just to say,
thank you.

Thank you for the Help.

Mark.....

tashi
2007-09-08, 02:15
Made this a sticky. :)

Often members voice appreciation to our volunteer helpers in their topic, but sometimes people would like to say a special thank you.

Edit: Moved thread to the waiting room forum as members can post here directly if they wish, instead of waiting to be merged.

ryandcalvert
2007-09-15, 19:37
Thank you so much, I ran the fix and my computer now apears clean, my AV shows nothing and SBSD shows nothing so Again Thank you Very much. Be blessed in life.
:bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb:

buddycraigg
2007-09-27, 05:39
I need to voice my appreciation to the spybot team and point out Blade81.

I have been negotiating with my employer for 3 months now for a substantial raise. About 18%, although it still isn’t very much. It will be a big step forward for me.
Last week I was slacking off at work and followed a link to some unknown video site and I got infected.

Now would have been the worst possible time to have the IT guy come fix my PC.

I’m on a tight budget, but will defiantly be donating what I can afford.

Thank you everyone
And thank you Blade81
I’m in your debt.

Buddy Craigg

Jeremy89
2007-10-17, 08:18
Hey guys!

Just wanna voice out my gratitude to the people of Spybot S & D especially my helper, Mr_Jak3 for their contribution to the community and helpless victims like me who are computer illiterate.

Thank you...

Jeremy

adjuster
2007-10-17, 17:15
blade, thank you for all your help, I am indebted to you and your organization. As soon as we are finished here I will get the donation information and gladly donate to the cause so we can keep you guys in the game. You were very easy to work with, assessed the problems, and got my computer back up and running. Again, thank you for your help. Please feel free to post this message in the appropriate place so others can read.

Adjuster

Orrin
2007-11-30, 21:59
I can't thank Shaba enough for helping me clean up my system. I really appreciate you giving your time.

Thanks!

Orrin

CamaroJeff
2007-12-02, 04:01
Very well said people. These experts perform an invaluable service to complete strangers. I cannot express how much I appreciate pskelley's help, and everyone else who did the research on the methods and programs for removal of these nasty files. Their time and effort is priceless in itself.

A BIG MAJOR :bigthumb: out to all of you!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/firebirdjeff123/smileys/burnout.gif

jonathanasdf
2007-12-02, 04:54
Many people just come into this forum asking for help and expecting results. However, very few people realize that the experts who are helping you are doing this just because they want to help you. They aren't getting anything out of this, and very few people are actually donating (in my case i don't have a credit card or paypal, and my parents aren't getting one for me). They probably have their own personal jobs, and their own family, and yet, they are taking so much of their time to help us and our problems. I've noticed that many mods are on for hours at times, and they aren't expecting anything in return. You have to realize this, and appreciate the work that they are doing for you. Just imagine yourself slaving over log after log for hours at a time. Thus, a big thank you to all of the spybot team, for your excellent support and selfless sacrifices.

stevee231
2007-12-04, 13:02
I thanked him personally (pskelley)in my post, but I would like to extend that appreciation to all volunteers in this forum. your help is invaluable and your time even more so.

So to all of you from I am sure more than just me

:wav: :bigthumb:

and thanx again pskelley, you terminator you :police:

Gary050710
2007-12-06, 23:06
I wanted to post this because too many times, people do not appreciate what a beneficial service that these volunteers provide to the general public. I am very “religious” about keeping my Windows, Norton Internet Security, Spybot, & Ad-Aware programs updated and scan with each at least once per week. But yet, due to a dumb move on my part, I got infected with a Vundo/Virtumonde Trojan. I have had other infections before, but have always been able to remove them through online tools. However, the “one shot” tools for Vundo/Virtumone were ineffective.

Fortunately, I came across the Spybot forum board. After reading a lot of people’s Vundo experiences, I quickly realized that I was not going to be able to clear this by myself due to the complex nature of the infection and its defenses, the knowledge needed for using multiple online tools, and the skills required to interpret the log files (without deleting a critical registry file by mistake). I posted on Spybot requesting assistance, and in a few days, Shaba came to my assistance. Shaba guided me through the process and the tools needed to remove it, and in a couple of days, Vundo/Virtumonde was no more!

Even after going through the complete process of removing Vundo (with Shaba’s guidance), I still do not think I could do it by myself in the event of a future infection - and I am reasonably knowledgeable about computers and their workings. I do not know if Vundo is the most common problem at this time, but it appears that a large percentage of posters are seeking help in removing this. The removal process, while not difficult if you follow the directions step-by-step, was still not a task that those with limited skill should attempt alone.

Shaba, a special thanks to you, and to everyone that provides this service to us out here in cyberland. I cannot extend my most sincerest “thank you” to the fine people that help all of us idiots that fail to use safe surfing practices, sometimes even despite our best efforts.

To those that post here needing assistance, please do not forget the following:

- These people are NOT paid employees– they are VOLUNTEERS – they do not need the headaches that we through in their laps. They are internet saints.

- There are a limited number of volunteers available. They are assisting people as fast as possible. I applaud their efforts and know that I could never maintain the patience they exhibit in dealing with a desperate general public clamoring for assistance.

- This service does not cost you anything but some time. If you obtained help from these fine people, DONATE. Without this service you would have likely had to seek professional help locally – and those services are definitely not free. A few dollars to restore confidence in the security of your internet experience is money well spent in support of these types of services.

- Do not give up hope. These people have obviously seen and resolved more infections that you and I could imagine. While Vundo is the most complex one that I have personally dealt with, there are tools available and people willing to help you, if you will give them the time. Follow their directions and listen to their advice. Chances are they will be able to get you back up and going.

- Strongly urge your representatives to take action against the instigators and propagators of malicious viruses, trojans, and worms both domestically and internationally

Gary050710
2007-12-06, 23:08
I wanted to post this because too many times, people do not appreciate what a beneficial service that these volunteers provide to the general public. I am very “religious” about keeping my Windows, Norton Internet Security, Spybot, & Ad-Aware programs updated and scan with each at least once per week. But yet, due to a dumb move on my part, I got infected with a Vundo/Virtumonde Trojan. I have had other infections before, but have always been able to remove them through online tools. However, the “one shot” tools for Vundo/Virtumone were ineffective.

Fortunately, I came across the Spybot forum board. After reading a lot of people’s Vundo experiences, I quickly realized that I was not going to be able to clear this by myself due to the complex nature of the infection and its defenses, the knowledge needed for using multiple online tools, and the skills required to interpret the log files (without deleting a critical registry file by mistake). I posted on Spybot requesting assistance, and in a few days, Shaba came to my assistance. Shaba guided me through the process and the tools needed to remove it, and in a couple of days, Vundo/Virtumonde was no more!

Even after going through the complete process of removing Vundo (with Shaba’s guidance), I still do not think I could do it by myself in the event of a future infection - and I am reasonably knowledgeable about computers and their workings. I do not know if Vundo is the most common problem at this time, but it appears that a large percentage of posters are seeking help in removing this. The removal process, while not difficult if you follow the directions step-by-step, was still not a task that those with limited skill should attempt alone.

Shaba, a special thanks to you, and to everyone that provides this service to us out here in cyberland. I cannot extend my most sincerest “thank you” to the fine people that help all of us idiots that fail to use safe surfing practices, sometimes even despite our best efforts.

To those that post here needing assistance, please do not forget the following:

- These people are NOT paid employees– they are VOLUNTEERS – they do not need the headaches that we through in their laps. They are internet saints.

- There are a limited number of volunteers available. They are assisting people as fast as possible. I applaud their efforts and know that I could never maintain the patience they exhibit in dealing with a desperate general public clamoring for assistance.

- This service does not cost you anything but some time. If you obtained help from these fine people, DONATE. Without this service you would have likely had to seek professional help locally – and those services are definitely not free. A few dollars to restore confidence in the security of your internet experience is money well spent in support of these types of services.

- Do not give up hope. These people have obviously seen and resolved more infections that you and I could imagine. While Vundo is the most complex one that I have personally dealt with, there are tools available and people willing to help you, if you will give them the time. Follow their directions and listen to their advice. Chances are they will be able to get you back up and going.

- Strongly urge your representatives to take action against the instigators and propagators of malicious viruses, trojans, and worms both domestically and internationally

irenepham
2007-12-11, 06:59
I am in the waiting room waiting for help, but I didn't even know that spybot offered assistance for when the program is unable to clean a bot. I had been running spybot s&D & trying to get rid of command service again and again, and the popups and hijacks were so disgusting, and I have kids on the computer a lot, that I had asked a very busy person in my church to take the computer and see if he could remove it. Once more I ran spybot and happened to notice, "see the spybot website" and found all this support here. I have been using spybot S&D for several years, and never knew that there was this ongoing support and education (but then I never had a problem that s&d couldn't solve, either.)

Anyway, even though it has been almost a week since I started trying to run the log and get the advice, I now feel at least I know something I can do about a computer problem besides erase the hard drive. With this site and a volunteer, I can learn something about solving the problem myself. That's a great feeling. Thanks for SPYBOT S&D, and continually working for free to help people stay plugged in.

b_pony
2007-12-12, 20:44
Thank you for all of the help and advice with my computer. Thanks to you guys my computer is now malware free and running smooth.
Thanks alot

JohnS
2007-12-29, 04:14
Dear RiP,

Don't know if this is the correct place to do this, so my apologies if I'm out of line. The original thread that we used to "get me clean" was just recently archived so I can't reply there...

Happy Birthday to me: A clean computer?
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=21246

I didn't want you to think that I forgot about all the help you gave me and just left you hanging. The past week was full of downloading, installing, cleaning and learning about all the stuff that you recommended in your last reply (as well as some of the advice pinned at the top of the forum). Upgrading to SP2, learning about MVPS Hosts, Spyware Blaster, Windows Defender, etc. kept me busy!

But I wanted to make sure I got back in here to say "Thank you. THANK YOU. T-H-A-N-K Y-O-U !" for all your help AND the help that is contained in other parts of the SN Forums. You guys not only got me cleaned up...you also gave me more education about this stuff in three weeks than I had in the past six years of computing.

My donation was not a lot...and it certainly was not nearly enough to pay for what your help was worth...but I did want to give something.

I wish I could thank you in person and buy you a steak dinner for all you did for me! But I guess a "cyber handshake" will have to do for now. :)

Best regards and many thanks,
John

mcloeffler
2008-01-01, 22:38
A great big thank you to all the helpers but especially Blade, you really made this process painless. I was ready to give up on my computer when I stumbled on this website. In just a few short days Blade helped me get my computer back(I had been struggling with problems for over a month). You are an absolute:angel:! Thank you Thank you Thank you!:bigthumb:

Caveman
2008-01-04, 03:12
Another huge thank you to all the volunteers, and particularly Blade81 in my case. I'm somewhat of a Luddite, but even for me the directions were very clear and easy to follow.
It's just AWESOME of you all to perform a service like this. :)

Devan
2008-01-07, 16:16
Thank you for making the online community a bit safer.

amoghk
2008-01-15, 12:44
I would like to thank Shaba for helping me fix my computer..thx a lot man u rock..:bigthumb:

edcal
2008-02-04, 16:33
Just noticed this thread:

Just to reinforce previous posts. I am just another who appreciates your efforts and patience with those of us who don't know what we are doing.
You are very much appreciated!!! :angel:

panpar
2008-02-07, 13:00
I want to thank you all for your help and especially Shaba who helped me get rid of these things!
I really admire what you're trying to do here! I don't know how but i will try to support you!

You're the best!!!!

Wizit
2008-02-17, 03:41
Thankyou spybot team.:wav: It it werent for you my computer would have been ruined Perminantly!:flame: I think Each and every one of you should know how much the community apreciates your help.:bighug: I would Especialy like to give a shout out to the man who fixed my computer katana!:bigthumb:Katana Your the man!:ninja:
You guys are doing a great service. Cleaning up viruses!:cleaning: :police:Nothing Gets Past You:police:

lex200
2008-02-25, 03:16
i would like to thank all of you at safer networking,:) if it weren't for u i would have lost all data/software on my comp as i was told by a support team to do a reinstall :mad: witch was a last resort for me as for them a first. thanks to the guy who referred me to u as it was the best advice yet many thanks keep up the good work would also like 2 thank random/random for his assistance who ever u r were ever u r be happy:santa:

compProgram
2008-02-26, 14:54
i also wanted to say thanks a lot to pskelley he helped completely clean my computer from spyware you guys are the best.

jroberts2001
2008-03-17, 03:35
I am finally virus and bot-free thanks PSKELLEY and the SpyBot team!! :beerbeerb: I read his profile and see that he's doing this "in retirement". I can't thank him enough but I did just make a $50 donation for the assistance he. It's not nearly enough to pay for what he helped me do but all I can afford at the present time. Thanks PSKelley for your devotion to those of us who do stupid things that get us into situations like this.

Your signature shoud say:
If you are reading this information...thank a teacher, If you are reading it in English...thank a soldier and...
:wav:
IF YOU ARE VIRUS-FREE...THANK PSKELLEY AND THE ENTIRE TEAM AT SPYBOT S&D!!

matthill
2008-04-08, 22:07
I just want to say a big thankyou to Rorschach112 for helping me sort out my problems with Virtumonde. I couldn't have done it without your help. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me and I will be making a donation in the next few days.

I'm very impressed with the attitude of open assistance here and it's FREE too! It's a far cry from what you get from companies where you're a paying customer. They could learn a thing or two from you all.

Keep up the excellent work. :):):)

DaBayer
2008-04-17, 03:19
Shaba did a great job getting my computer (and me) straightened out. I just wanted to say how much I appreciate the help given.:red:

bluefishbeagle
2008-04-19, 16:42
Yes many many thanks, and while I know thanks are appreciated I intend to put my money where my mouth is and hope all who are able to do the same. (Paypal donation on the way. ) Thanks to Blade81 :angel: especially.

YULitle
2008-05-18, 03:25
I will be making a donation as soon as I'm able. This site is absolutely divine!

Thank you Blade! You are awesome!:laugh:

jsmitty
2008-05-23, 22:12
Just wanted to say a special THANK YOU to Blade81 for helping me to get my computer virus free!! I am extremely greatfull to have found this site and the helpers here. Thanks again.

Valethar
2008-06-04, 21:39
Many thanks to Blade81 for helping me get rid of a Virtumonde infection! :bigthumb:

afif95
2008-06-18, 01:44
He helped me throughout the way. Many praises and thanks should be given to him, and plus, he doesn't even charge us. Thanks, pskelley

MJWolter
2008-06-19, 06:32
This thread is a great idea, by the way. After he helped me rid my computer of a very persistent infection, I thanked PSKelley in the thread (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=28610&referrerid=41455) itself; however, this forum gives me an opportunity to thank him publicly for his patience with my newbie fumbling and misunderstanding.

When Norton 360 failed to prevent the infection in the first place, Norton's techs tried to shake me down to the tune of $95 to clean my computer. In desperation, I tried Spybot and, when that did not completely remove the malefactor, somehow stumbled across this forum.

Asking nothing but compliance with his instructions (including that I not change the font of my posts), PSKelley guided me through the entire process. Although I cannot currently afford to compensate the forum for his services, rest assured that this forum gets a share of my next paycheck.

Having said that, I sincerely hope that does not mean that I am forever in your debt; however, I will forever remember what you did. Thank you again.

MJWolter

Watsonica
2008-06-20, 17:28
Thank you Eric (drragostea) for pointing me in the right direction:) and very big thanks to Shaba the magnificent:angel: that helped me through a pretty rough week with this computer and fought off the nastiest Trojans I've ever seen (lol) in this Thread Here (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=29578)...

This is a wonderful site full of great people.:heart:

Gem~

p.s. can't help monetarily at the moment but until then I'm in your debt.

SAN-y-T
2008-06-23, 05:28
I would like to acknowledge my sincerest gratitude to pskelley for his uwavery support & infinate knowledge whilst helping me clean my infected computer.

I especially appreciated the links for additional information and reference on keeping my computer safe.

:2thumb:

:bighug: to my :angel:

Mitre
2008-06-25, 23:29
I like to second the sentiments of the many people here. Thank you for all of the time you guys invest in helping us out which with out your help many of us would've been lost.

I specially like to thank Pskelly :bow: (is not that the other Mods do not deserve to be thanked). I do have my computer rigged with all of the latest anti (you name it). But, some how, I was infected by this virus. I posted an S.O.S. in the forum and Pskelly answered my call for help. He was awesome but most of all, he was very patient. For someone who volunteers his time to this cause, I don't know how he does it going through all of the codes and logs that I send him (and many others in this forum). Thank you sir, again and a big thanks to all of the Mods here and of course Spybot S&D.

Please, I encourage every body who has been helped to donate anything to this great cause. My means are a bit strain, but I will donate what I can.

Thank you,

spowers
2008-07-05, 02:26
I too am extremely grateful for the existence of this group of hard working voluteers, for this platform in which they work their magic and, most specifically to me, for pskelley who was my Link to sanity! It is my sincere wish that some type of universal reward system exists and that our gratitute manifests itself in your lives in some tangible form of recognition.

And unfortunately, I was unable to donate through paypal however please expect a "wrapped letter" in as much time as it takes to get from Canada to Ireland.

Many many thanks!

Stephanie :heart:

blues
2008-07-05, 13:58
i havent asked for help in the malware removal forum. but i will say thank you for that spybot detected and fixed a problem for me by unchecking a setting in ie7 that may have been harmful.

lazyboy_360
2008-07-11, 10:45
i recently got virtumonde as did many others. i have had no serious trouble with malware before but could not get rid of it this time. i finaly came here and was instantly helped by shaba who is very knowledgeable and is a great helper, posts were prompt and very helpful and understandable. i am so grateful for the help i received here. thank you shaba and thank you all for you time. keep fighting the good fight.

DannyB
2008-07-17, 20:02
I want to extend thanks to the whole S&D team for having this wonderful resource set up. Most of all, I want to thank Baabiouz for helping me out when I thought it was hopeless. This is a wonderful forum complete with expert helpers. Thanks again.

2008-07-29, 07:10
but I as well wanted to say thank you for an amazing program, SPYBOT! I love this program and i am glad it is free. Thanks everyone for there hard work!

Cristi
2008-08-04, 10:37
Thanks to all spybot community and special thanks to Shaba,you are the best!:cool:

labrescuens
2008-08-17, 00:52
Thank you to all of you and especially pskelly (for holding my hand :red: ) I had WORMS!! Ugh! I appreciate all the hard volunteer work (I run a non- profit dog rescue so I understand) and I couldn't donate much but I did donate what it would have cost me here for someone to look at my computer. Again thank you so much. :bigthumb:

Trish

drragostea
2008-08-19, 01:07
Well, I wanted to thank...

:santa:

the sagacious tashi (http://forums.spybot.info/member.php?u=7) for her knowledge and the dedication to the forums.

And thank you PepiMK (Patrick) (http://forums.spybot.info/member.php?u=1) for a wonderful program.

nolan12
2008-08-19, 03:49
I gotta say, this is the best forum i could have ever visited!
thanks to km2357, who helped me out like a champ and to all the rest of the great volunteers working here. stay classy spybot!

axell
2008-09-02, 20:39
thx SPYBOT and mod.Shaba for helped me before. my laptop now is clean :present:

tanalee
2008-09-07, 00:21
Aloha...

I entered this forum with the same trepidation as I enter a trust circle. With so many "evil" places to visit on the web, it's really difficult to know who to trust.

Having happily used Spybot Search and Destroy for many years (by recommendation of Kim Komando), I opted to pour out the innards of an infected laptop into the forum and pray for help.

My prayers were more than answered with the kind and expert help of pskelley :crowned:.

As I mentioned in my own thread, I'm between pay days at the moment, but look forward to making a donation next week.

You folks are no less than awesome.

Mahao nui loa.

Tana-Lee

KiloWatts
2008-09-17, 03:49
Many thanks here also... You guys are stellar, and you've helped me on two different occasions now. This forum is indispensable, and the people here are fantastically helpful.

Thank you!

Fritsc
2008-09-28, 18:49
I would like to thanks Blade81 for helping me 2 months ago with my Laptop.

Sorry for the late thanks as I was busy with business.

Again, thanks Blade81.

nutzy
2008-10-01, 20:12
I would like to thank pskelley for all the help I got fixing my PC!
:bow:

beedee1970
2008-10-07, 11:31
Just wanted to give a big thank you for Blade81's expert help on making sure my system was virtumonde free, and the extra pointers he gave.

A big thanks to Blade81 and all the rest of the security experts on this forum. don't know what I would've done without your valuable help.

Keep up the good work and I'll be sure to make a donation.

Fritsc
2008-10-31, 07:44
I just want to say thanks to ken545 for helping me.
Thanks again!

Adam[HUN]
2008-11-02, 13:47
Good to see forums and ppl who help others while they don't want anything in return.

I could write hundreds of pages, but I think you'll now what I mean, when I say:
Thank you Blade81 (and thank other members of the team for their effort helping others) for everything.

Keep up the good work, and be blessed in life.

:bow:

tashi
2008-11-03, 18:53
Thank you everyone, I know the helpers appreciate your kind words. Safe surfing! :flowers:

Linus12
2008-11-11, 20:35
A big thanks to Katana for helping me with my Daughter's computer.

Using a variety of techniques and taking me up on a few offers to use some tools that others might not have been willing to use really made me feel that Katana was't afraid of the task at hand.

Her computer was infected in a couple of places, but with Katana's help, my Daughter is now happily surfing away, until I reminder that the computer was purchased so she could do her homework instead of watching UTUBE :D:

Additional scans and backups are being performed to help her stay safe.

Again, Thank You Katana for all your help,

Dave

caramello
2008-11-13, 14:37
Dear Blade81,

I appreciate very much your help, you are a really great expert! :bigthumb:
Thank you! :bow:

ericmky
2008-11-14, 22:01
I got better help from the volunteers here than I've ever felt I recieved from paid software or hardware techs in the past. (Granted thier hands may be tied by thier employers on what services they can offer.) I did read through a lot of the posts here before even submitting my own problem and was quite impressed by all the volunteer techs I saw replying.

I want to thank the entire team here at the SB-S&D forums for providing such a great service. And furthermore for the great attitudes that all the volunteers seem to have. It amazes me how cordial and friendly these folks are after dealing with people who can be, and all too often are, a lot less than friendly or grateful for thier voluntery time. Kudos to all of you fine folks and again thanks to the entire team here and a special nod to pskelley for his personal help on my particular problem.

Eric

CDL_gr
2008-11-16, 21:20
I would like to express my thanks to Shaba, for the professionalism of facing my Spybot issue ( http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?p=253808#post253808 ) .

Definitely a PLUS to this forum !

Sincere regards and many thanks,
CDL_gr

dinoduck
2008-12-07, 22:21
I would just like to express my gratitude to the Spybot team and especially to Shaba for helping me out of a situation I had gotten myself into. I don't know what I would have done because I had tried everything I could up until contacting your forums.

Thank you

Dino

al5579
2008-12-11, 02:23
I would like to thank the Spybot Team and the volunteers here who take the time here to help the victims of malware and other nasty buggers. I have personally thanked my helper. Thanks. :)

knsnk
2008-12-23, 03:48
I would like to say thank you to pskelley for helping me rid my computer of all the junk that was on it.

THANK YOU :D:

tonywojo
2008-12-27, 04:15
I wanted to take a moment to say thank you to the Security Experts on here. I am amazed at the amount of work you do, I just got hit with the Virtumonde virus, and it seems to be spreading like wildfire now. I have a hard time understanding how anyone could create a virus that causes so much damage to a computer, Spybot was able to tackle everything I had on my system, with exception of this thing and it ain't going away. Through the excellent posts here I was able to identify my problem and learn how to protect myself in the future. Fortunately I got the virus at the same time that I was needing to re-format my hard drive anyways, thanks to Acronis it will not be too painful.

Thank you once again, you guys are amazing...

Wojo

ssmarsh
2009-01-01, 16:08
I just wanted to post my thanks to pskelly who helped me out. His replies were very timely, especially over NYE, and effective and my PC is running great. Thanks again, Phil!!

pistol13
2009-01-02, 13:20
Thanks to the spybot team and especially Blade who got my computer working in the correct manner again. Its just amazing that you offer this service to those who run into problems and then use your own time to sort them out. Awesome! Hope i never need to use you again(in a good way!) and thanks once again. All the best Mick...

Lost-in-space
2009-01-03, 13:19
Many thanks to all of you, but especially to Shaba whose patience and persistence nursed my computer back to health. You dealt with all my concerns and questions in a highly professional, thorough, and timely manner. I don't know how you folks manage to do this and still keep a life of your own, but am immensely thankful that you do. My talents obviously don't extend in this direction, but your example has inspired me to search out other areas where I might be as useful in service to others as you have been to me. Thanks again.

OleTomCat
2009-01-04, 02:48
Thanks brother the help is greatly appreciated, and it keeps the wife off of my machine....

anotherperson
2009-01-05, 23:40
Big thank you to shelf life for helping me rid my laptop of Virtumonde and Smitfraud.

This site is a true sign that there are truly good people on the internet who are willing to give a helping hand. I can't thank everyone who volunteers their time here enough for all the help.

But really, I could just ramble on and on about it. You guys are :angel:

kewltazdude
2009-01-06, 01:38
I wanted to give a special thank you to pskelley for helping me get rid of the malware that was on my computer. This forum is a HUGE asset and a donation will be made soon!! :) :) :)

kewltazdude

BoroNak
2009-01-07, 20:22
thanks a million for ridding my PC of Virtumonde!!

I would have still been struggling without your fantastic help.

Many thanks!!:eek:

Faemasi
2009-01-09, 04:17
I just wanted to publicly thank BLADE81 for all of his/her wonderful help!

Those of you volunteering your time are knights in shining armor to people like myself who freak out when they hear or see the words virus, trojan, or malware!

For those who are waiting for help, be patient! Play a video game or go for a walk but please, PLEASE don't take your frustration out on these great people!

Thank you again Blade! /hug

Faemasi

Apiology
2009-01-15, 00:51
I'd also like to thank pskelley for his help! I am so lucky to have found this place, and I am so happy it is filled with such wonderful volunteers!

Many many thanks!

pomaikai
2009-01-21, 06:53
Very big thank you to Shaba and to this forum for helping me eliminate virtumonde and smitfraud. Enough karma stored up to last several lifetimes!

Also, after following the post-cleanup advice, I daresay my machine is better off than it was before the problem!

Thanks again!

Dave090
2009-01-23, 02:34
I'm not sure where I should post this, but I wanted to say thanks to peku006 for his assistance, suggestions and information.
I was not able to get here in time to post in the active thread before it was archived:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?p=283009#post283009

Everything seems to be fine and his expert analysis was invaluable.

I am extremely grateful for peku006's help in ridding me of my issues and I'm sure this feeling is felt by everyone he has helped.

Again, I am sorry if I posted in the wrong place, but would be remiss if I didn't publicly state my appreciation.

This is a wonderful forum and the people that go out of there way like peku006 (and ken545 before him), to help complete strangers makes me feel the world isn't quite as bad as I do on a typical day.

Cheers,
Dave090

hemingray
2009-01-24, 20:32
Thanks to all of you for helping - all of us - with these infections. :bigthumb:

These can happen to anyone - this is only the 3rd malware event (first two were viruses from infected media that was caught) I've ever had! I have no idea what web site was running a drive-by, which is what caused this I am sure.

My lesson's learned - I no longer trust [insert name of famous security suite that's ineffective here] . I now use a new anti-virus, a new firewall, Spybot and another browser protector, as well as making the switch to Firefox with NoScript.

It opened my eyes - and again, I appreciate all your effort to help combat all this malware. I've made a donation to Spybot too, for what I would have paid for such a great product!

Best regards,

Dave

Protools954
2009-02-09, 22:55
Thank you pskelley and spybot for saving my computer time for me to enjoy making my music:angel:

protools954

m

ascom2010
2009-03-24, 04:07
You're a money saver, PSKelley :bigthumb: - thanks for stopping me from wasting a 100 bucks on getting Norton's virus squad to do it for me, that money deserves to be used on better.

Once again, thanks to you and everyone else on the job - your help has definitely not gone unnoticed :D:

Ivorytower
2009-06-10, 02:11
Pskelley saved my skin. His title might be Security Expert but I think it should be Guardian Angel.

My thanks and well wishes to him. :thanks:

deepcowboy
2009-06-14, 14:42
psKelley is awesome!

ZNoEvil
2009-07-17, 01:31
In the final stages of confirming the rootkit invasion is over... I want to thank pskelley for helping me clean a PC that was becoming unusable. I've learned a lot, too much, about what not to do, and when disaster happens, what to do. Thank you so much. I have made a donation for what it's worth.

kuli.ann
2009-07-21, 18:47
Hi Katana

Thanks for you help. Everything is running lovely now. :thanks:

Sorrry I didn't post back before the thread got archived.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=49823

Thanks again.

Julie

tony p
2009-08-17, 15:42
It looks like this forum lost a great one. Over 20,000 posts of help...farewell pskelley. I enjoyed reading your posts since this forum fixed my computer last October. tony p

tashi
2009-08-23, 10:07
It looks like this forum lost a great one. Over 20,000 posts of help...farewell pskelley. I enjoyed reading your posts since this forum fixed my computer last October. tony p

Thank you tony p, we miss our Phil.

thegraz
2009-09-28, 06:12
Thanks Blade!
Thanks to all the different program manufactures!

DeeDee12
2009-11-13, 04:28
Sorry the topic had been closed by the time I got to post to it...Sorry about that...I thank you so for all the hard work and time you put into helping me solve my problems..Without your help I have no idea of where I would be as I cannot afford what it would cost..
I also want to thank all of the people here for putting this forum together and offering your time and service to help anyone in need of help..Each and everyone one of you are heroes in my book...I thank each and every one of you and want you all to know you are deeply appreciated..
:thanks:

_Lee_
2009-11-27, 17:26
Thanks to Jack&Jill!!!!!
Now I feel safe again surfing the web on my computer :bigthumb:

musicalpulltoy
2010-03-15, 06:35
i know not post it here ...couldnt find any where else...

JUST A THANK YOU TO ALL :thanks:

sem825
2010-03-16, 20:19
a HUGE thank you to Blade81 for all of your patience and guidance in helping me get my computer back on track!

you are the best!

teac1227
2010-04-01, 03:44
for helping me clean my daughters computer. A donation to the forum is on it's way.

Missionaryman
2010-04-08, 08:42
I do not use to praise mankind, but there are situations when it is worthy
to mention it.

In got free and great help in this Forum, my computer issue was 100% cured.
This is not usually, especially today, when kindness, I mean real kindness it is
so rare in this world...
I feel I would reward somehow "For the Scripture says,"Do not muzzle the ox while it is treading out the grain", and "The worker deserves his wages"
I. Timothy 5:18

I would buy some SpybotS&D t-shirts if are still available,or if not, won't hurt me to make a donation.
Anyway it is much much reasonable instead to take the computer to a company down at the corner, where you may lose all your data for a lot of money.

So SpybotSD team, Blade81 :thanks::thanks::thanks:

Morpheus1967
2010-04-08, 21:25
I just wanted to give a shout out and huge thank you to IndiGenus. This was the first time I had ever had to deal with anything like this, and not only was his patience appreciated, but the easy to follow directions he gave me were awesome. I think one of the absolute best things you volunteers do is the links you provide. You say to download ComboFix, and boom, there is a link to it that you know is safe. And that is the case for every program/log you ask for. So thanks IndiGenus! With your help, hopefully I will never have to post in the Malware Removal forum again, and I'll never read "post a fresh HJT log" again! :laugh:

tashi
2010-04-08, 21:42
So thanks IndiGenus! With your help, hopefully I will never have to post in the Malware Removal forum again, and I'll never read "post a fresh HJT log" again! :laugh:

:bigthumb: :laugh:

mcstacey
2010-04-19, 21:05
I am so thankful and grateful to this site and specifically Blade81 for helping me with my worm!!!! Blade is amazingly patient!!! Blade helped me through several applications and fixed my computer!! I am ever so grateful. You all are amazing for doing this. I will be making a donation for sure....so thankful, thank you!!!

No words can say how amazingly generous you all are for giving of your precious time, ability and service.

Blessings to you,

Stacey McKinley
Spybot & Blade81's Biggest Fan :rockon::heart::bigthumb::angel:

Blade81
2010-04-21, 18:33
Glad we could help you, Stacey :)

mambass
2010-04-26, 19:55
About a week ago something happened and I immediately knew that my computer had been infected. The symptoms kept getting worse over the 3 days when I was trying to figure out what had happened. At that point I was all but convinced that I was going to have to reformat the disk and reinstall Windows. Fortunately I had Spybot installed and in the process of attempting to resolve the issue I stumbled on this forum.

Blade81 was able to get me running again within 24 hours of his taking the case. His dedication is nothing short of amazing.

The box that was infected is roughly 8 years old with all of the information stored over an 8 year period. In a sense, it’s a member of our family. The thought of losing the information stored on the machine shook my world. My gratitude for Blade81’s help in bringing it back to life is really hard to adequately state.

As a result of this experience I’m go to do two (2) things:

1. I have already made a donation to the forum. It’s not nearly enough but it’s what I can afford now.

2. I’m going to submit my application to the Malware Removal University in the hope that someday I may be able to help people who are in a situation such as I was a few days ago.

So to Blade81 and all of the other fantastic volunteers whose posts I followed while waiting for assistance: your knowledge and dedication are appreciated more than you can imagine. Thank you!

Blade81
2010-04-26, 20:26
You're welcome George. Glad we could assist :)

reznik1012
2010-05-20, 09:22
Reading through some of these, It isn't odd to me to see so many "thanks Blade81"s. Being mildly knowledgeable about maintaining my computer, I found it disheartening that I would ever need to turn here for help. However, Blade81 helped me to clean my system and to improve my preventive measures, guiding me through the process in clear steps that made me feel comfortable and even proud to be following them. Blade81 helped me when I felt my thread would surely be archived or removed because of my ignorance of the forum rules. I speak to all of the wonderful guides here ("helpers" just doesn't give you enough credit) but especially to Blade81 when I say, Thanks for putting up with me.

Blade81
2010-05-20, 09:47
You're welcome reznik1012 :)

Halodeath
2010-06-12, 19:04
Blade man if you are ever in DC or i am in Finland, dinner and drinks are on me. The man got my laptop running when i was considering reformatting or worst yet paying Geek squad to get ride of it for me.

To the S and D team member you are the best. Keep up the good fight. (yes i quote from fallout 3 ;))

Blade81
2010-06-12, 20:01
You're welcome. Glad we could assist :)

Sirreal
2010-07-15, 03:42
I will do a will and name you beneficiary. You kept me from abandoning the net and much more.:wav::wav::wav::wav:

ChrisLey
2010-07-23, 01:01
Thanks So Much of Everything, and I'll be looking forward to donating, when im older :P, when I get big and rich, I will be sure be donating u billiionsssssssssssss

Adam[HUN]
2010-08-15, 22:34
Thank you Blade for helping me (for the second time). It is great that some people are so helpful, that they sacrifice their time to help others, and you don't want anything in return.

I think while people like you exist and work, there is hope for mankind.

Thank you.

Blade81
2010-08-16, 07:18
You're welcome Adam :)

Cnopsen
2010-08-17, 21:29
I would like to thank you very much Blade81, I had no ide about how to get it removed :S then you helped me and I had no prolems about knowing what to do etc.
And for the rest of you: you ALL do a great job helping other people, so :2thumb:

Blade81
2010-08-18, 23:11
You're welcome Cnopsen :)

Paulrocks
2011-01-01, 21:51
I Would Just Like To Say Thank You To All of the helpers On These Forums. I Have Started Learning About Viruses And Have Started Training To Be Like You Guys. I Never Thought Being a Helper Would Be So Hard! It Is 10 Times Harder Then I Expected :thud:.

Now That i Realise How Hard This Is For You And You Guys Put Your Own Time Into Helping Other People. I Think You Guys are Amazing For Helping Other People! :thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

rudebadger
2011-03-19, 02:44
Big thanks to Blade81 who was a great help with my PC's problem. I will certainly follow all his advice :rockon:

Thanks again
Rudebadger

Blade81
2011-03-19, 10:12
You're welcome :)

bellla
2011-05-03, 05:23
I would like to thank Ken for all his time and wisdom:D::rockon:

ken545
2011-05-03, 13:24
Thank you Bella, it was my pleasure helping you.

my.computer
2011-07-25, 20:13
Id give them a cookie for their help.

:funny: hahah ha haha .....no ..?:yuck:

well thank you people. In advance.

makaveliliveson
2011-08-31, 05:01
Ken, I just want to say thank you for all of the help you gave me. I finally got time to run those malware programs again and got the rest of my system cleaned up. My computer is running better than it has in a long time. Thank you so much for the time you spent helping me.

ken545
2011-09-01, 23:16
Your very welcome, glad things are running good for you again

Mike T
2011-12-26, 09:45
Just want to say a quick Thanks to Blade for helping me clean my laptop.

Thanks Blade!

Mike

Blade81
2011-12-26, 12:01
You're welcome Mike! :santa:

sanjupan
2012-05-07, 13:44
...for helping me out. Unfortunately the post got archived before I could post a thanks in there. My world is more safe because of your help!
I m going to create a paypal acnt soon to donate here.
Thanks
Sanjupan

AlexaSD
2013-03-25, 01:36
I'm not sure if this is the right place for "thank you", or if the message will reach it's intended viewer, but at the end of torreattack's helping me, my pc suffered an unrelated hardware issue, and had to go to the shop. I was unable to reply by the time the topic was closed, and I don't want he/she to think I am not grateful for the assistance. Thank you so much for your help!!!

Love,
AlexaSD

frankfolo
2013-06-04, 02:16
Hey shelf life,

I lost my chance to thank you in my thread before it was archived. Even though it turned out to be a rather small problem, I'm glad you took the time to help me get all that stuff off my computer.

Your help was much appreciated.

shelf life
2013-06-05, 00:40
OK, Your Welcome. Happy safe surfing out "there."

rcb56
2015-02-08, 16:16
it's a new game where someone does something for you and you say THANKS! seriously i didn't know where to put this so delete or move as admins desire...or leave as a thread for others to say thanks to safer networking and it's admins that put in so much time and work to help those of us who need help, advice, knowledge and all that is offered here to make the internet and world of computing a better experience. so...thanks to all at safer networking for all you've done! :thanks:

a footnote of my advice...
to others coming needing help...be patient, be kind, be humble, do as you are asked and remember...these people didn't make the mess you're in, they're here to help, they don't have to...and will if you let them!

tashi
2015-02-08, 17:51
:thanks: from all of us rcb56! :flowers:

Word Game
it's a new game where someone does something for you and you say THANKS! seriously i didn't know where to put this so delete or move as admins desire...or leave as a thread for others to say thanks to safer networking and it's admins that put in so much time and work to help those of us who need help, advice, knowledge and all that is offered here to make the internet and world of computing a better experience. so...thanks to all at safer networking for all you've done! http://forums.spybot.info/images/smilies/thanks.gif

a footnote of my advice...
to others coming needing help...be patient, be kind, be humble, do as you are asked and remember...these people didn't make the mess you're in, they're here to help, they don't have to...and will if you let them!