PDA

View Full Version : Failure to run spyware and look up related pages..

DannyL
2007-09-09, 18:15
hi there

having a few problems with my PC. I was trying to download a music file a few nights ago, and was requested to download a piece of software ("hello" It was called). I stupidly agreed and since then I have had a lot of problems with my PC. "Hello" tried to link to the net on reboot, and I've had some odd looking pop up screens open. Norton logged several attempts to change my homepage to this: hxxp://www.freewebportal.net/

Worse, when I try and run AdAware or Google for spyware, the programme automatically shuts down. Any net pages I click on to to do with spyware automatically close. I haven't tried to download and run spybot yet, as I am writing this from a net cafe. I am going to try it when I get in. Will also be then able to post the process that Norton logged trying to change my homepage. Sorry for the sparsity of information but am wary of using the PC at home in case it is logging all my information.

BTW I have since gone back to the filesharing site and the page I downloaded from looks completely different - it may have been some sort of dummy page, or the site owners may have caught this link and taken it down.
Can anyone provide me with a clue what to do next. I've changed all my net banking passwords etc.

Many thanks in advance

DannyL

tashi
2007-09-18, 22:46
Hello.

Please see the stickied procedure for this forum: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

If you have not resolved the problem and need someone to take a look at the system, please post the logs requested.

Best regards.

tashi
2007-09-22, 01:40
This topic has been moved to archives.

If you need the thread re-opened, please send me a private message (pm) and provide a link.