PDA

View Full Version : teatimer confuses me

nefret
2007-09-09, 21:52
I installed Spybot S&D 1.5, updated, checked for problems and asked Spybot to "fix" the entry for DriveCleaner2006.

Teatimer popped up and gave me a message just as the problem was being fixed. (Message below)

I don't know whether or not to allow it because I don't know if Spybot is trying to change the registry to fix the problem or if DriveCleaner2006 is trying to change the directory to prevent the fix.

The message read:

Spyboar Search and Destroy has detected an important registry entry that had been changed.
Catagory: System Startup global entry
Change: Value deleted
Entry: SDR6_Check
Old data: *C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\Driv (rest not viewable)

I know that SDR6_Check has something to do with DriveCleaner2006. I do not have any problems with this DriveCleaner2006. It doesn't give me popups and isn't installed, according to the programs listed in my Control Panel.

It is probably evident to others, but I don't understand what Teatimer is trying to tell me. If I "allow", am I allowing the fix or am I allowing the installation of the malware?

Thanks!

iam1ru12
2007-09-10, 00:49
Since you're fixing the entry for DriveCleaner2006, Teatimer is asking you to allow Spybot S&D to delete the startup entry for DriveCleaner2006.

If I were you, I'd check DriveCleaner2006 first if there is a setting to disable it from starting at boot-up. Once you do that, Teatimer will still ask you the same question.

nefret
2007-09-10, 22:36
:bigthumb:Thanks! Just wanted to be sure I understood what was going on!