PDA

View Full Version : Startup Settings

maxhugen
2007-09-12, 07:17
Is there a way that I can autostart the two Resident programs at Startup, and autorun an Update, without showing the main Spybot window?

I'm trying to set this up on my kids' computers, and don't really want them seeing this screen, and possibly fooling around with it.

In Settings > Automation, I have the following checked:

Program Start
- nothing checked
System Start
- Autorun at system startup - checked
Web Update
- Search for new versions at each program start - checked
- Download updated include files - checked

MTIA

md usa spybot fan
2007-09-12, 15:30
By changing the setting for "System start" from "No automation" to "Automatically run program at system startup" the following startup registry entry (without parameters) is added:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"SpybotSnD"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Spybot - Search & Destroy\\SpybotSD.exe\""
When you check "Search the web for new versions at each program start" and "Download updated include files if available online" under "Web update", indicators are set the Spybot's Configuration.ini file.

The combination of the startup entry with no parameters and the indicators in the Configuration.ini file starts Spybot and does the update.

If instead of making those changes to the settings, you added the following startup entry (with parameters) to the registry, Spybot would start at logon, run silently, do an update and then close.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"SpybotSnD"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Spybot - Search & Destroy\\SpybotSD.exe\" /taskbarhide /autoupdate /autoclose"
For additional information on parameters that can be used, see the following:
Are there any command line parameters?
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/30.html

maxhugen
2007-09-13, 04:07
Great, thanks very much!

Cheers, Max