PDA

View Full Version : Cannot immunize 6370 Global (Hosts)

passegua
2007-09-14, 13:38
Why I Cannot immunize 6370 Global (Hosts) ?

How could immunize those non protected items?

Thanks.

md usa spybot fan
2007-09-14, 15:15
Are you getting any messages?

If not what happens if you go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Hosts file > and then click on the "Add Spybot S&D hosts list" button?

bers99
2007-09-14, 16:49
thx for answer :rolleyes:

md usa spybot fan
2007-09-14, 17:11
thx for answer :rolleyes:
???

bers99:

In response to passegua (http://forums.spybot.info/member.php?u=28338)'s query, I asked a couple of questions. If this helped you resolve a similar problem, please share what you discovered. Your feedback may help others.

Regards,
md usa spybot fan

passegua
2007-09-15, 16:05
Are you getting any messages?

If not what happens if you go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Hosts file > and then click on the "Add Spybot S&D hosts list" button?

If I do what you suggest I get an Error message:
"Cannot create file "C:\WINDOWS\System32\driver\etc\hosts". Accesso negato

And now? Thanks.

passegua
2007-09-15, 16:28
I solved!

I temporarly shut off Zonealarm and then I could use your suggestion, I could immunize all objects!

Probably Zonealarm keep control of host file?

Thanks

PepiMK
2007-09-18, 10:40
Yes, that sounds like ZoneAlarm tries to protect the file as well.

hewee
2007-09-18, 23:33
In zoon alarm if you go to Firewall on the left and then the main tab in the upper right then go down to the advance button and click on it your see under General setting "Lock Hosts file".
It works too and locks the hosts file down and I have not found any thing that has gotten tru to it to change the hosts file.
I diid test years ago too with Spybot, Adawre, CWShredder where they were finding things in the hosts file that were false.
I had WinPatrol Plus and it locks the hosts file too as I think spybot does.
But with the hosts file locked and using Spybot, Adawre, CWShredder things were still deleted from the hosts file. Spybot deleted some and then it want to reboot and it would delete more but it never cleaned up all it said that needed clean.
Then doing the same test using the zone alarm to lock the hosts file nothing was able to get to the hosts file so zone alarm was the only thing that really keep the hosts file locked in the test I did.
Got it all posted some place over at here.
Host file change and Firewall software (http://www.dozleng.com/updates/index.php?showtopic=8070&hl=CWShredder)

Darklord
2008-02-24, 12:31
If you use Zonealarm and you have set it to lock your local host file then Spybot can't immunize the globalhost.
If you want Spybot to immunize it you only have to temporarily unlock the host file via the "firewall" -> "advanced" tab. After complete immunization you can lock the host file again.
(thanks to sandra from the spybot team)