PDA

View Full Version : Why two Immunize buttons

traceykiel
2007-09-16, 23:39
Hi there,

Why are there two immunize buttons on the gui?? Are they both the same thing.....do the same job after updating? Having two immunize buttons is confusing to me. Do I use the green one or the one on the left?

tracey

Zenobia
2007-09-16, 23:47
Do you mean the Immunize button with the green cross beside it?
The Immunize button to the left opens the Immunize page,but it doesn't actually Immunize.To immunize,you'd click the Immunize button with the green cross on it.

traceykiel
2007-09-17, 18:59
Thanks for the quick reply.

When I click on the left button, after updating, I then click on the left button to immunize......a brick wall and green guage appear and update/immunize, perhaps with some immunizations not updated. When I then click on the green button the other immunizations then go down to zero to state they have now been immunized........in other words, a two part process. The left button immunizes as well as going to the immunize window/settings. Is this is how it is supposed to work?

Tracey

Zenobia
2007-09-18, 00:23
Yes,that is how it's supposed to work.Basically,when you click the left immunize button,the program then runs a check of immunization,or a check for protection.It does the same if you press the button 'check again'.The Immunize button with the green cross is the button that does the actual immunizing.hth. :)

traceykiel
2007-09-18, 12:34
Thanks Zenobia,

That has cleared eveything up for me.....the info you supplied is much appreciated.

Tracey

Zenobia
2007-09-18, 21:37
You're welcome. :)

traceykiel
2007-09-19, 13:32
I've just noticed that if I click on the left immunize button, after double clicking on the SpyBot desktop icon, I get a Protected reading of 33637. But if I use the Run As Administrator menu option, by right-clicking on the SpyBot desktop icon, I get a Protected reading of 46823.......is this a Bug?

Tracey

PepiMK
2007-09-19, 13:48
Not really a bug; you as an administrator probably see more user profiles than you in normal user mode. This doesn't mean user profiles of real people using the machine as well, but could probably be those user accounts Windows uses to run system tasks. Since you usually don't use these to surf with IE etc., I wouldn't call them very important to be immunized.
To find out if that guess of mine is true or not, you'll have to compare the list displayed on the immunization window; in Internet Explorer (32/64 bit), all users are listed, and the ones that I suspect to not appear unless run as admin would be called S-1-5-18, S-1-5-19 and S-1-5-20.