PDA

View Full Version : Spybot messes up Nero Burning ROM!!

shadowmansm
2006-01-16, 23:43
Ok I accidently got rid of someing haveing to do with Nero when I was checking for problems:eek: . Now everytime I try to use "Nero Burning ROM" (Nero 7) it gives me the Windows Error report:( !!! This is a very useful program and the only way I have been able to fix it is to reformat the harddrive (which sucks!!):mad: . Anyone know how to fix this without doing all that:confused: !! And no reinstalling Nero altogether dosen't work:cool: . -:bigthumb: Thanks:bigthumb: -

md usa spybot fan
2006-01-17, 01:36
If you have any idea of what you removed, go into Spybot > Recovery and restore what you removed or that fails and you are running Windows XP do a system recovery to a point before the problem.

There should be no reason to "reformat the harddrive".

BCR CMPTR
2006-01-19, 05:06
I think starforce is the culpret...

Starforce is a copyright protection program included in games and other programs designed to prevent the copying of the programs it is protecting.

Search Starforce on Google for more info...

I found this out when I couldnt get Nero Express to load. all I got was a program error and a pretty empty Drwatson log...

(WARNING NOT FOR THE INEXPERIENCED)

To find if it is installed: (at least on XP pro2k2)

right click on My Computer and select properties: opens "System Properties Window"

Select the Hardware tab, click the Device manager button: Opens Device Manager.

In the file menu click on "View" and sellect "Show Hidden Devices"

Click the "+" next to "Non-Plug and Play Drivers" in the Device Manager Window

In the list look for Starforce...

Right clicking gives the option to Disable, Uninstall, View Properties... Refresh

Uninstalling or disabling will more than likely prevent you from also using the copyright program/s that it is protecting, and I don't think that will fix the Nero problem.

(WARNING: Microsoft hides many things to help prevent users from trashing their hardware and software) Don't mess with stuff in here without qualified directions, I know what I'm doing but I'm not qualified...

:bigthumb:

bcr