PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for all the help! Whoops!

DistantStar
2007-09-18, 03:13
Many thanks to Angelfire777 for his diligent work in disinfecting my computer. It is back to its pristine self again. After that ordeal, I decided to put all the recommended spyware detectors and hosts files and firewalls on my wife's new Vista computer before she had any problems. After installing everything this evening, now her computer won't connect to the internet. I realize this isn't exactly a malware issue but was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. The computer connects to our home network via the wireless connection but not to the internet. The network problem solver says that the DNS is up but "not accepting connections", or some such. It was working fine before, here is what I installed:

SpywareBlaster
SpywareGuard
MVPS hosts file
IEspyad
and
ZoneAlarm

It was working up until I installed ZA I believe, but as I installed IEspyad just prior to that, it could have been that. As ZA booted up the 1st time it was unable to access the registration page via IE. That was when I first noticed the problem. ZA did download the install files it needed so it was apparently accessing the internet at that point. Any ideas? My wife is going to be so P.O.'d. Please help!

Thanks!

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?p=119784