PDA

View Full Version : Search for only 1 malware?

TunerFrog
2007-09-20, 03:24
I've used SSD since v1.3 and usually get the call when one of my friends gets infected (again). :-)

I'm wondering if the following makes sense:

If the program cannot fix a particular malware and offers to run on reboot, can you accept the offer, then go into settings and select everything EXCEPT the badguy in question in the "Ignore products" screen in settings so that when the program DOES run on reboot, it only looks for that one malware (and therefore the scan runs much faster)?

I wasn't smart enough to think of this during the actual occurance, and haven't had this situation come up since I did think of it - so I'm asking here.

What do you think?

md usa spybot fan
2007-09-20, 07:47
That should work to reduce the scan time.

PepiMK
2007-09-20, 12:22
Something like that has been requested before and is listed here (http://forums.spybot.info/project.php?issueid=10). Only two votes for that so far though...

TunerFrog
2007-09-20, 14:01
I see. If I was running the program 5 times a day (like with a fixit shop, I suppose) then this feature might be more attractive because of the time savings. Otherwise the difference between a 2-minute rescan and a 15-minute rescan would seem to be worth the piece of mind.