PDA

View Full Version : Spybot S&D and Tend Micro Antispyware - conflict ?? or just confused.

deegee
2007-09-20, 09:51
Hello All, I'm new to PC's, the web, and most things related to them, so I hope someone here can help me.

Until now I have used only the Trend Micro Security Suite which came with my PC when I bought it a few months ago.

Two days ago I downloaded Spybot S&D for the first time, and yesterday I immunised my system, also for the first time.

Last night my Trend Antispyware ran a scheduled scan and found 13 Tojans and 98 Adware risks ( in my "Hosts File" ?).

I haven't checked them all, but a lot of them are the same as what was added to my Restricted Sites list when I did the immunisation.
After some reading on the subject, most of which was too advanced for me, I suspect that my Trend program is detecting these from a list of dangerous sites in Spybot or on Internet Explorer.

I can instruct the Trend Antispy to ignore them in future, but I'm concerned that this may compromise the the program, and/or affect other components of the suite.

Your advice Please.

Best Regards. Deegee.

spybotsandra
2007-09-20, 10:01
Hello,

That seems like a false positive from TrendMicro.
They detect the immunization of Spybot that adds blocked sites to the restricted zones in order to block them.
I would suggest to set them to ignore as that are no real infections - so this action can't do any harm neither cause any conflicts.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

deegee
2007-09-20, 10:19
Many thanks for your prompt reply Sandra. That's what I hoped for, but as a total newby, I didn't want to put them on the "ignore list" without advice, for fear that this might weaken the program.

I will run the scan again, and set it to ignore them in future.

Best Regards, Deegee.