PDA

View Full Version : Immunize Multiple users

Allenire
2007-09-20, 14:48
I am new and this may have been brought up before. I am running Windows XP home with several limited accounts and only one admin account. Can i immunize all the accounts in spybot 1.5 from the one admin account instead of having to do each account seperatly. i have noticed all the limited accounts still have not been fully immunized unless i do it from within their login.
THanks Allen

md usa spybot fan
2007-09-20, 16:23
Yes and no.

The reason that Spybot cannot immunize the other accounts is because the other user's HKEY_USERS registry hives have not been loaded and therefore can not be immunized.

The only other alternative to doing them individually, although it still requires logging on to the other accounts, is to logon (and logoff if you would like) to each of the other user accounts using quick switch (switch user) then immunize again with the administrator account. Logging on to the other accounts using quick switch loads the user's HKEY_USERS registry hive which the administrator account should then be able to access.

DeepBlueSky
2008-06-28, 22:44
You can employ the windows task scheduler to execute spybot during times when you're not typically using the computer to either immunize or scan it. In your case, immunizing the other user logons, you can configure a scheduled task to log on as the user in question and by employing sbybot's command line options, documented in its help system, you can execute an immunize operation.

md usa spybot fan
2008-06-28, 23:18
DeepBlueSky:

This thread is a little misleading because it was written and answered in September 2007. The current release of Spybot (Spybot 1.5.2 released 2008-01-31) immunizes all users accounts from a single computer administrator account.

To answer you question anyway:

You can employ the windows task scheduler to execute spybot during times when you're not typically using the computer to either immunize or scan it. In your case, immunizing the other user logons, you can configure a scheduled task to log on as the user in question and by employing sbybot's command line options, documented in its help system, you can execute an immunize operation.
The answer is yes you can. Spybot uses Window's Scheduled Tasks facility and therefore certain restrictions apply. You can use either the Window's Scheduled Tasks facility or a facility with Spybot (Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Scheduler) that assists in creating a Window's Scheduled Task. The scheduled task can use any of the parameters listed under "… Spybot-S&D main executable (SpybotSD.exe) supports:" in the following:
Are there any command line parameters?
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/30.html

noahjuan
2009-01-19, 07:48
1.6 is not letting me immunize multiple user accounts from an admin account in XP or Vista

PepiMK
2009-01-19, 23:32
Maybe if you told us the error message...

Sounds more like Vista isn't letting you, in which case you should start Spybot this way (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/42.html).

2.0 will offer this with a click when opening the immunization, will be a bit more intuitive :)

Olav the Viking
2009-05-18, 23:04
I am running 1.6.2.46 on multiple PCs in our home (All with XP - our home is a VISTA-Free Zone). I have noted different behaviors for immunization in the past, not consistently. At one time, I found that I had to open each user account and immunize each account at least one time before immunization of all acounts could be performed by one account. All accounts have always had full admin priviledges. Today I saw a posting about command line parameters, modified my shortcuts, and have seen that all user hives are now loaded; immunization occurs for all users. Maybe it would be a good idea for SpyBot S&D to post this as an example on the FAQ's.

To definitely immunize all users, Spybot must be started up with the command line option "/allhives"

I modified my desktop S&D shortcuts, as well as insuring the advance mode (Is the any other way?):

Target: "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /advancedmode /allhives