PDA

View Full Version : Spybot 1.5 an IE

ac19189
2007-09-20, 17:52
Ok im running windows XP Home sp1 32bit
With IE Version 6.0.2800.1106 I just updated my spybot a few days ago to 1.5 by totally uninstalling the old spybot an installing a fresh copy.

However I do not wish to update to sp2 thus im guessing this is where my issue is. I allowed teatimer's resident IE run with IE an now its being a pain in the ass to sum it up. I go to open my IE an the proc runs but IE doesnt always open. I do a ctrl alt del an I have like 20 IE proc open but only like 5 IE windows up. XD After going into teatimer an disabling the resident IE my IE pops up every time just fine. To make sure it wasnt my IE I ran a sfc /scannow an also manually reinstalled IE from the windows xp cd.

Im running norton corp 9 but I already know that isnt the issue. Also as a note I have resident IE set to prompt me for everything not just block everything. Only other toolbar or addon I have installed on my IE is googles toolbar. God I really dont wanna use IE without the resident IE but its really leaving me no other option XD uhg.

If anyone knows a fix for this let me know. Thanks. :)

sonicmixmaster
2007-09-25, 08:20
im having the same problem with server 2003 and ie 6. i also have problems with teatimer keeps popping up a message whenever an ad server is attempting to load an ad which im glad teatimer pops up BUT i tell it to remember this always and it still pops up the next time the same ad server tries to load the same ad. from what i see there are ALOT of bugs in the new version and im seriously thinking about installing 1.4 again.

sonicmixmaster
2007-11-22, 08:48
does anyone have a solution to this? its been several months an none of the moderators replied to this thread.

Yodama
2007-11-22, 09:10
hello,

both issues are related to the SD-Helper, not the Teatimer.

With IE6 there is a conflict between the Google Toolbar and SD-Helper causing the IE to be started in background on a random basis.
A current solution would be to either disable the SD-Helper or the Google Toolbar, alternatively upgrading to IE7 also helps. Note that SD-Helper and Google Toolbar have no conflict when you run IE7.

@sonicmixmaster
make sure that the option "ignore parameters" is activated.
If possible upgrade to IE7, and by the way it is not recommended to use a server for browsing the internet.

sonicmixmaster
2007-11-22, 09:51
i thank you for your reply and i would like to say that i do not agree that it is not recommended to use a server os to browse the internet. I am using it behind 2 firewalls with all server functions disabled and all unnecessary ports closed. server 2003 is superior in handling network traffic especially on dual nic setup so thats why i use it. also server 2003 seems to be patched quicker than xp for vulnerabilities. google toolbar was around when spybot 1.4 was out and i had no issues with that version having multiple ie processes sitting in memory using 0% cpu and having only 1 ie window open on screen. whatever it may be sd-helper or teatimer the problem appeared when i upgraded to spybot s&d 1.5 so that eliminates google toolbar as a problem.

hello,

both issues are related to the SD-Helper, not the Teatimer.

With IE6 there is a conflict between the Google Toolbar and SD-Helper causing the IE to be started in background on a random basis.
A current solution would be to either disable the SD-Helper or the Google Toolbar, alternatively upgrading to IE7 also helps. Note that SD-Helper and Google Toolbar have no conflict when you run IE7.

@sonicmixmaster
make sure that the option "ignore parameters" is activated.
If possible upgrade to IE7, and by the way it is not recommended to use a server for browsing the internet.