PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Firefox

Powell
2007-09-21, 15:37
Good Morning Forum Folks:
I am surprised that I am here asking a question since Spybot-Search & Destroy has been working like a dream. Without going into all the gory details, I was having a problem with Firefox bookmarks and I flipped back and forth between this application and IE to try to find the source of the problem. (I had only been running Firefox for a couple of days.) The upshot was that after this activity I went to check to see if anything had slipped through the Immunizer. I found that the Immunizer was shut off and I had at least a half dozen intrusions. I cleaned the hits and reset the Immunizer which told me I was unprotected against Firefox cookies, pop-ups, etc. I uninstalled Firefox wherever I could find it and checked the Immunizer again. I am still unprotected against all Firefox intrusions.
My question is: does this mean that my system is still vulnerable to intrusions from this application even with it uninstalled?

md usa spybot fan
2007-09-21, 18:23
No. The most likely cause that Spybot's immunization facility is show anything about Firefox is because there is some reminant of Firefox still in the system and Spybot stll thinks Firefox is there. With Spybot 1.5 if you only have Windows Internet Explorer installed there is no indication in the immunization facility about Firefox at all.