PDA

View Full Version : TeaTimer - Every startup

eromrab
2007-09-21, 17:42
Every time I startup windows (I'm using windows vista home premium on my Dell Inspirion Laptop) the TeaTimer pops up a ton of allow/deny windows. I got sick of allowing them all every time, so I ended up doing the always remember option, and now I have a list that reaches from the system tray to the top of the monitor with changes that were allowed. These are changes that I did... I deleted entries using spybot s&d/tools/system startup. I never had this problem before... it used to just delete them and I never saw a popup unless it tried to add itself again. Anyone know what's going on?

Here is what it looks like at startup:
http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d135/eromrab/spybot/?action=view&current=Spybot.jpg

md usa spybot fan
2007-09-21, 18:15
Are you still running TeaTimer 1.3 or 1.4? If so, the most likely cause of registry changes at startup is because TeaTimer's snapshot files are out of sync with the registry.

TeaTimer takes snapshots of Registry entries and compares these with the Registry at startup. Until these snapshots are updated you are likely to get pop-ups (at startup) of changes you made in the past. In other words, TeaTimer attempts to return the Registry to the state it was in when the snapshots were taken. This happens primarily when you reboot the system.

To refresh TeaTimer's snapshot files and correct the problem:
Right click Spybot's TeaTimer System Tray Icon > click Exit Spybot-S&D Resident.
TeaTimer closes.
TeaTimer's snapshot files are refreshed at this time.

Restart TeaTimer:
Using Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy.
Double click TeaTimer.exe to start it.

I this behavior in TeaTimer 1.3 and 1.4 is because of the following:
When TeaTimer starts the snapshot files are read into memory and maintained there. The snapshot files are only rewritten when TeaTimer closes. During system shutdown (or restart) it appears that TeaTimer is terminated before it has a chance to rewrite the snapshot files.
The problem has been corrected in TeaTimer 1.5.

eromrab
2007-09-21, 19:00
upgraded to 1.5. fixed it! thanks! :D: