PDA

View Full Version : spybot and spyware bot

ronin4
2007-09-21, 21:53
Hi I have recently reformatted my Harddrive and so had to reinstall everything.
I am now only using IE7 instead of Firefox, because it gave to many problems that Mozilla couldnt resolve.
I downloaded Spybot today and when it did a scan it said Spywarebot found. And I selected "Fix Now".
It then ticked the box.
My problem is this, I use Norton Internet Security 2007, up to date as of yesterday, its on all the time. Why didnt it detect this Spywarebot? Is this a common thing to catch using IE7?

Also how do I turn Spybot on and off? I use Spybot once a month, just to scan, not immunize.
Thanks

md usa spybot fan
2007-09-21, 23:06
ronin4:

... I downloaded Spybot today and when it did a scan it said Spywarebot found. ...
It would be helpful if you posted the actual Spybot-S&D detection(s) that you received. To do that:
Run another scan.
When the scan completes, right click on the results list, select "Copy results to clipboard".
Then paste (Ctrl+V) those results to a new post in this thread.
Without that listing I can only speculate as follows:
SpywareBot is included on the Spyware Warrior Rogue-Suspect Anti-Spyware Products & Web Sites (http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm) list.
Product:
SpywareBot
Domains:
spywarebot.com
antispyware.com
Comments:
exploits name "Spybot Search & Destroy"; same app as AdwareAlert [A: 5-14-06 / U: 1-9-07]

… My problem is this, I use Norton Internet Security 2007, up to date as of yesterday, its on all the time. Why didnt it detect this Spywarebot? …
If the detection within SpybotS&D is in fact the rogue Spywarebot, than that question would more properly be directed to Symantec.