PDA

View Full Version : S-1-5-18 Keeps Killing my hard drive?

goitalone
2007-09-23, 19:03
I just downloaded the latest SB S&D and noticed it was blocking something called S-1-5-18.

Ok, now I don't know off hand if this S-1-5-18 is the exact same thing I saw all in my infected PC, or if it was just something that looked very similar but, every month-two months or so (usually) I will be LOCKED OUT of my hard drive and I will need make it a slave and retrieve all my data each time this happens.

I know something quite similar happens when you try and crack Vista (or after the 30 trial is up.)

I have been thinking for quite some time now that it has something to do with Microsoft, and or other companies, using Microsofts update software like ASP.net framework, MSXML Service Packs etc, and perhaps many other "security updates" causing this problem, by seeking out pirated copyrighted softwares on my computer and then screwing my hard drive up if it detects anything "fishy".

My questions are...does anyone else know anything else about this S-1-5-18 deal?

Has anyone been locked out of their hard drives after installing pirated software like Adobe Premiere Elements or anything like that?

Could this really be what I feel so certain it really is, or is it something completly different?

Each time this happens I find ophaned file corruption and a buncha crap like S-1-5-18 in my PC ALL OVER THE PLACE!

Any help, ideas, comments, suggestions or replies would be greatly apprecited.

I would like to try and get to the bottom of this because I am completely f;ing sick of it.

P.S. Please don't bash me too hard about the illegal software, thanks!

goitalone
2007-09-23, 19:59
This last hard drive infection, I found and installed a program called Bart's PeBuilder to gain access to my hard drive so I could gain full read/write privilages etc. and I noticed those keys looked familiar and I had no control of many of them. I can't remember all the places I had problems off hand cause it was a nightmare trying to kill off the orphaned files etc.

My suspicions were raised also about the new root certificates thing...I saw alot of very suspicious things in there about validation etc. and the users name was S-1-5-18 and similar for these root certificates area I was viewing at the time and I was blocked from accessing them until I used the PeBuilder.

tashi
2007-09-24, 06:25
Hello.

Note:
We do not support the use of illegal Pirated/Warez/Cracked software.

Helping a person who insists on using such software, could be construed in the eyes of the law to be aiding and abetting a crime. Therefore you will be asked to remove any cracked programs and in the case of your operating system, to obtain a valid licensed copy.
http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=25290&postcount=4

This forum's stickied topic: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Regards.

goitalone
2007-09-24, 09:11
Thanks, but I DO have 3 legal copies (that COST A FORTUNE) of XP Home and they all are crap and still lock me out of my hard drive!

For me, this has just been a confirmation of my suspicions.

I see now I cannot even trust any anti-virus, anti-trojan, anti-spyware companies anymore as well, either.

No wonder there is no documentation on this problem online anywhere!

(and I am sure my post will be deleted asap too)

I should probably uninstall Spybot as you are probably all in cahoots with Microsoft and other software companies to to help them add Spyware for them on my computer.

No thanks, I get enough from them already!

So long "safer networking" ...lol man, what a joke!

Thanks fer nothin' !!!

tashi
2007-09-24, 15:21
Hello.

P.S. Please don't bash me too hard about the illegal software, thanks!

I thus quoted from our stickie, the same link also gives our members the procedure for posting in this forum.

Without a log to analyse no one can offer assistance.

So long and have a nice day.