PDA

View Full Version : Can't get rid of Spybot popup

Robert29
2006-01-17, 21:37
I have a problem with Spybot. (Version 1.4 and uptodate)
I downloaded and installed an upgrade to Copernic Desktop Search taking it to ver. 1.63.

I found that I now had an extra toolbar in IE, which I did not want, so I altered the options to get rid of it, and it has gone.

However, I now have a Spybot screen on my computer saying it has detected a registry entry change

Category Global Browser Toolbar
Change Value Deleted
Entry (C5F7A735-70F1-8C36-6FF3c736017B)

When I close this screen, whether or not I have ticked the “remember” box, I then get another screen appearing. This is a Resident screen and says a registry change has been denied by resident, and quotes category and entry as above.

This screen disappears after a few seconds and the Spybot screen appears again.

I can't get rid of it ! Advice would be much appreciated please.

I'm running XP Home with SP2 installed and uptodate, ZoneAlarm and EZAntivirus.

Regards,
Robert Baker.

spybotsandra
2006-01-18, 09:09
Hello,

The reason why the TeaTimer asked you is because it would ask you about any similar changes in the registry without regarding if it is good or not.
There are so many registry keys that it is impossible to classify them by default. So the user have to decide if he want to allow it or not.
The TeaTimer is making snapshot files when you start it the first time and the tool is comparing the current registry with the snapshot files.
If you want to make a new snapshot files please shutdown the TeaTimer with the Resident icon and then start it manually from the Spybot S&D program folder.
There is no possibility yet to hide the popups which remind you which keys are blocked. As a workaround, you can only make new snap shot files.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Robert29
2006-01-18, 11:59
Thank you for your help.

That has fixed it and I've reactivated Resident.

Is this going to be a permanent feature of the programme, or will there be a fix in future updates ? At least I know what to do now !

Regards,
Robert Baker.