PDA

View Full Version : Slow start up after 1.5 update

don hillery
2007-09-24, 17:38
After loading 1.5 update, and selecting from the desktop shortcut, it takes a considerable amount of time (a min.or more) & sometimes requires hitting the "enter" key before or just to get SBS&D to start up and announce that it is now "Loading SBS&D". Is this normall or are there some changes/adjustments I can make to speed up the start process?

spybotsandra
2007-09-24, 17:58
Hello,

We already located and fixed this bug:
http://forums.spybot.info/project.php?issueid=85
http://www.safer-networking.org/files/beta/SpybotSD.exe-1.5.1.16-2007-09-24-issues-76-78-79-84-85.zip

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

don hillery
2007-09-24, 18:30
I downloaded the fix, but didn't see any improvement. Should I re-boot to have the fix work?

spybotsandra
2007-09-24, 18:39
Hello,

Yes. Please make a fresh system start.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

don hillery
2007-09-24, 18:57
Sanda:
Re-booted, but no noticable difference in the start-up time for loading SB/SD. Perhaps I done something wrong during the download of the fix. I'm not to sharp on the computer. I did notice, after selecting the SB icon on desk top, the little hour glass disapears right after the selection leaving just the arrow pointer (presume this indicates nothing going?) anyway SB shows loadingup in about a 60 seconds.
don

fordracingfan1964
2007-09-25, 03:54
After downloading the fix, and extracting the files ,what do I do with them to run the fix?

spybotsandra
2007-09-25, 16:23
Hello,

Please store the two containing files (spybotsd.exe and domains.sbs) in your Spybot folder.
Normally it is located here:
C:\Programme\Spybot - Search & Destroy

The spybotsd.exe belongs to this path:
C:\Programme\Spybot - Search & Destroy
The domains.sbs belongs to this one:
C:\Programme\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes

If you are asked if you want to override this files enter yes - this will make the change.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

phoenix22
2007-09-25, 16:44
Sanda:
Re-booted, but no noticable difference in the start-up time for loading SB/SD. Perhaps I done something wrong during the download of the fix. I'm not to sharp on the computer. I did notice, after selecting the SB icon on desk top, the little hour glass disapears right after the selection leaving just the arrow pointer (presume this indicates nothing going?) anyway SB shows loadingup in about a 60 seconds.
don

i too am experiencing this.........i've wasted enough time........just sent pk some more mula too!

i reverted to my v1.4 on my d-drive .....updated it and it works fine.....so we'll have to wait for patrick to get more bugs out!!!

don hillery
2007-09-25, 20:14
Sanda:
I think maybe some how I got the fixes to the right places. Anyway SB/SD now pops up pretty quick now. Seems normal to me. Thanks for the help.
Don

williejames
2007-09-25, 21:12
Yep, now works for me also.
Thanks

titrator
2007-09-25, 23:36
I have also had this problem but the v1.5.1.16 update does indeed resolve the issue. My only point would be that v1.5.1.15 is still being offered for download and no mention is made of the problem (or resolution) unless you go digging through the forum.

Regards

Nicholas the Italian
2007-09-27, 00:36
My only point would be that v1.5.1.15 is still being offered for download and no mention is made of the problem (or resolution) unless you go digging through the forum.
If I understand correctly, 1.5.1.15 is the current 1.5 stable release.
1.5.1.16 is a beta (or alpha) of some sort of Service Pack they are preparing for about Halloween :p:
Ref. http://forums.spybot.info/project.php?do=issuelist&projectid=1, "applicable version".