PDA

View Full Version : How do i remove Win32/Virut from my PC ??

Swayam
2007-09-28, 11:41
Hi friends !

I have Windows XP media center edition running. 2 weeks back after logging on to my system, it just crashed. neither my keyboard, nor my mouse responded. I could only work in safe mode. I formatted my c: partition, completely (not quick), and reinstalled windows. Still, after rebooting the system for 3 times, again the system crashed after i logged on. AVG free couldnt detect any virus. I repeated this five times.

Next, i installed windows in L: partition, after formatting it. It worked fine for 2 days, after which the symptoms started again. I used NOD32 30 day trial 3 days ago. and it detected and deleted all the .exe and .scr files on my system, which were infected with Win32/Virut. i again formatted L: and reinstalled windows, and then had NOD32 scan my system 3 times, which showed that my system was clean.

But after 6 hours of that i started getting pop up messages from NOD32 that one of my .exe files was infected. i deleted it through NOD32, but soon i was flooded with such messages. And then my windows crashed.

Presently i have formatted my drive again (14th time), installed NOD32 latest version. Help me in removing this virus. I dont have internet connection.

Please help me....

steamwiz
2007-09-29, 22:57
Hi

There is no answer to this virus other than a clean install, which you are performing ... I would have to assume that the virus is hiding in some software which you are reinstalling, or possibly on a flashdrive (but I don't know about that)

steam

tashi
2007-10-09, 06:14
This topic has been moved to archives.

If you need the thread re-opened, please send me a private message (pm) and provide a link.

Applies only to the original poster, anyone else with similar problems please start your own topic.