PDA

View Full Version : spybot, my love

pfelelep
2005-11-02, 11:14
Hello,

I've been using Spybot for 2 years and I must confess it's the best software I've ever used (and tested); my deepest thanks to the programmers.

I'm wondering what do you think of the new micros$$ft anti-spyware beta-version? :confused:
Do you think we can trust a company wich already put spywares on his progs? Not to mention their "special deal with the CLARIA creators and the way they trick you from behind with their Micros$$ft agreement, each time you install a new update or something.

Thanks again for your responses.

Pfelelep.

tashi
2005-11-02, 17:14
Hello,

I've been using Spybot for 2 years and I must confess it's the best software I've ever used (and tested); my deepest thanks to the programmers. That is always nice for them to hear, thank you. :)

Do you think we can trust a company wich already put spywares on his progs? Not sure what you mean by that?

Not to mention their "special deal with the CLARIA creators Response to questions about Claria software.
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/claria_letter.mspx

and the way they trick you from behind with their Micros$$ft agreement, each time you install a new update or something. ?

Perhaps these concerns would be better addressed on an MS Board where people knowledgeable about MSASW could answer. :)

Cheers.

pfelelep
2005-11-03, 06:20
Thanks for your answer.

In fact, I diden't pretend to criticise Micro$$ft, I was just curious about their anti-spyware prog abilities.
I guess I just have to test it myself then.

(I'm french, so excuse my english):rolleyes:

tashi
2005-11-03, 06:47
Hello pfelelep.

Your english is fine, no need to excuse. :D

I did test MSASW myself but it is a Beta as you know so it would still be a good idea to check out their newsgroups.

Thank you for joining us and have a great week!