PDA

View Full Version : My Issue With These Pesky LKJH and VALERA Malware (And other little annoying things).

Benjizzmx
2007-10-07, 16:34
Hey,
I googled my way to this forum and saw that it was very helpful to people with a similar issue to me, and thought it would be helpful to get this assistance mano-e-mano. Bascially, my computer sucks, it's a family one, hopefully I'll get my own in the end, but I'm still a student doing my A-Levels (although that's irrelavent). The only virus protection and firewall software we have is 'Trend Micro PC-Cillin Internet Security', which I personally think sucks. However, it is good to detect this spyware and such, but all it does is quarantine it, and when i clean/delete, the issue comes back (as it has with everyone else). Also, it also tells me that other computers are trying to connect, it's always the same one, however I forgot to write down the details from last time, but I have tried blocking it in various different ways, but nothing works (unless I just unplug the internet). But, I'm prepared to get get rid of this once and for all, and I don't care if my family don't like that we will probs end up with like 5 virus protection programs, but I'll be happy with it, considering I'm the only one that does anyhting for this computer anyways.

Now, I'll look back at my logs, and see what other information I can give y'all.

Actually, PC-Cillin doesn't work like that =|, but reports and logs seem to be pretty similar to what everyone else is getting.

Also, while I have been typing this, that computer tried connecting again. It's properties are:

IP Address: 192.168.1.2
Computer Name: -----
MAC Address: 00:12:bf:36:87:7f
Device Type: Router
Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security Version: Not Installed

Not that could help too much bapart from the addresses perhaps, but I've already tried blocking them.

I thinks that's all I can give you for now.

Help would be much appreciated

Ciao

x

Blade81
2007-10-10, 19:15
Hi

Please take a look at this sticky (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288).

Blade81
2007-10-18, 15:40
Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed. If you need this topic reopened, please contact a Staff member. Include the address of this thread in your request. This applies only to the original topic starter. Should you have a new issue, please start a New Topic.