PDA

View Full Version : win32.murlo.ff trojan

vster82
2007-10-10, 02:16
help! my free version of spybot is reporting that it cannot fix this trojan (even upon restarting the computer) and that I should post my problem on the forums. Please let me know if you've ever heard of this and tell me how to fix it.

I keep getting IE explorer popups that my SpyBot says is caused by win32.murlo.ff, and which it cannot get rid of. Can you please let me know how to get rid of it? would another software work?

please help.. thank you!

Mr_JAk3
2007-10-11, 20:52
Hello and welcome to the Forums :)

Please post a HijackThis log to here.

Download HJTInstall.exe (http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/threat_analytics/HJTInstall.exe) to your Desktop.
Doubleclick HJTInstall.exe to install it.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
Click on Install.
It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
Copy/Paste the log to your next reply please.

Don't use the Analyse This button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

tashi
2007-10-19, 22:42
This topic has been archived due to lack of a response.

If you need it re-opened, please send me a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread.

Applies only to the original poster, anyone else with similar problems please start a new topic.