PDA

View Full Version : !PLEH again says professor backwards

Staghart
2007-10-12, 01:56
Great appologies that this is *not* about your most wonderfulest of programs(...*and* I have written, moments ago, but got no confirmation of it was sent) So the problem is simple to state altho, 4me at least, proving impossibe to correct. That problem is, I'm warned by Norton's "protection center" that I've a problem. That problem is that there is no "Phishing protection." The answer? Oh, quite simple, on IE open View->Toolbars dropdown menu & check "Show Norton Toolbar" & all will be well. Uhhh...nope. I get msg, "Norton toolbar does not appear because your product is no longer active. Open NIS window for details." Almost needless 2 say...*that* little sidetrip produces no answer to this feckless, tech-less person--i.e., me.
So...not knowing whether it is a Mortal or merely a venal sin to as *this* question out here, meaning your site, is there any help 4 me out here in this most finest, friendliest,& generous of places? (I know upon which side my bread is buttered anyway, yes?)
I leave it/this in your most capable &, I truly hope, helpful hands. Thank U.
Sincerely, Staghart.

tashi
2007-10-12, 17:40
Hi there.

Not sure I fully understand, but it appears your Norton subscription has expired?

If that is a possibility you should verify with Symantec.

There are several nice, unbloated, programs that do a better job IMO, some are free and others pay for.

Let us know. :)

adjuster
2007-10-12, 22:33
My norton would not work one day, said the subscription has run out. I believe the virus I picked up disabled it. Called norton tech support, they remotley changed the date on my computer and then changed it back to the correct date and it seemed to fix the problem. I believe this is when all my troubles started.

see me post:

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=18946

tashi
2007-10-13, 01:35
My norton would not work one day, said the subscription has run out. I believe the virus I picked up disabled it.

Yes certainly another possibility.

Staghart
2007-10-21, 03:42
The "I hope" part of title is actually a sort of question. What I'm hoping is that this *Thanx 2 Y'all" message will be read by those who did indeed respond to my query & offered an answer of some sort. As it turns out the problem was (as so often seems 2 B the case) a sort of "organic" one. I.e. it fixed itself. My subscription had not run its gammut, even the program recognized that (I mean it stated I had "x-days remaing." It just turned out that @ next boot-up, or update or whatever the "phishing" problem was gone.

I also see from the answers 2 my questions that my writing style is *not* one which is best suited for asking--or answering [they probably go hand-in-hand in fact...I just don't think in a linear, logical, 0's & 1's fashion & this leaves me in the dark on a lot of computer issues.] So, I've mine own problem to deal with in that area...stick 2 the point, save the inside-out writing for my "Great American Novel." (Soon to be published...as soon, that is as I finish it---I'll have to get started reeel soon.)

At any rate, & most sincerely, thank U 4 paying attention to this lamb bleating in the wilderness of wires & silicone tree like structures.

If U come across this post and *do* wish to tell me how to send thanks to multiple caregivers, so to speak, well, I'd 'preciate that, yes I would.

4 now, thanx again, & have a good eve'nin', day, afternoon, aftermorrow, & all following times. Live life right up to the nanosecond.

Thanx,
Staghart