PDA

View Full Version : Spyware-Secure Pop-ups.. Help

drew00629
2007-10-12, 07:54
My computer is infected with the spyware-secure malware. Im getting constant pop-ups hosted by their site.
Ill try to give as much information as i can, but because im a noob, i really dont know what you need.

ive run numerous virus scans and only SpyHunter has detected anything, but because its not a free program, it wont remove them. (i want to try to stay away from pricey programs if possible... college is a bit expensive these days).

From my few hours of googling, i believe what i have is the trojan.vundo that came in through a hole in firefox.
In the techsupport forum, i understand that these things can hide when a program is trying to hunt them down, so i should rename programs to throw it off.

Another thing is, i believe that this infection happened a few months ago, but laid dormat for awhile. I had a spyware secure pop up about two months ago, but they stopped, so i didnt pay any further attention to it.. but then i downloaded a few programs (hijackthis, dss, and some others) and it seems that they only look at things that were changed in the last month, so perhaps this trojan has been programmed so that if it laid dormant, these things would not find it.. it makes sense to me anyhow.

I hope someone can help me, these things are driving me nuts.

pskelley
2007-10-14, 14:24
Welcome to Safer Networking, I wish to be sure you have viewed and understand this information.
"BEFORE you POST" (READ this Procedure before Requesting Assistance)
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
All advice given is taken at your own risk.
Please make sure you have read this information so we are on the same page.

I can make no promises since you have not followed directions and I have no information to base my assumptions on. See this:

All logs should be copy/pasted into topic and not attached unless requested by helper in that format.
When adding posts to your topic, do so by clicking ADD REPLY

Read and follow all directions, post the two logs suggested and I will be glad to take a look. If your issue is resolved, please post to let us know so I can close the topic.

Thanks

pskelley
2007-10-21, 21:51
This topic is closed due to lack of a response.

If you need it re-opened please send me or a forum staff member a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread; this applies only to the original topic starter.

Anyone else with similar problems please start a new topic.

Thanks