PDA

View Full Version : Vundo and Other Problems - 0 Responses

Sputnik
2007-10-22, 00:25
Hi, lately I have been having malware problems. I think it started when Spybot picked up some worse than usual stuff (AVSystemCare, Virtumonde, Zenosearch). They kept coming back after I restarted my computer. Symptoms included AVSystemCare warning me about viruses, NOD32 showing alerts whenever I tried to open Firefox for the first time after restarting the computer, being taken to random webpages during internet browsing, and for some reason my Quick Launch shortcuts disappearing (also, at one point IE kept exiting whenever I right-clicked on a link and went to "open in new tab", but I'm not sure if that is related, or just an IE bug). After going to Add/Remove programs (for AVSystemCare), removing some cookies and temporary files, and scanning multiple times with Spybot and NOD32, some of it seems to have gone away. Nothing bad showed up the last time I ran Spybot. NOD32 now has a bunch of stuff under quarantine that I don't know what to do with (files related to Virtumonde, Agent.BCK, and SecToolbar). I ran the Windows Live OneCare safety scanner, but whatever it deleted kept coming back the next time I scanned with it. VundoFix found and apparently fixed "Win32/Vundo.K" and "Win32/Winfixer", but it cannot remove "C:\windows\system32\yayyxvu.dll". VirtumundoBeGone found nothing.

Besides that, I thought all the symptoms were gone. Last night I left the Kaspersky online scanner running and went to sleep. When I woke up it was done, but there was another random webpage open in IE, and NOD32 alerted me to several new threats.

I tried to take the next step of running Spybot in Safe Mode, but whenever I restart my computer in Safe Mode, it shuts down by itself before Spybot can finish!

I really have no idea how this stuff got onto my computer. I honestly don't do stupid stuff like look for cracks or pr0n or use p2p. I log out of my username whenever I'm not using my computer (if someone else did it I suppose they could have used the guest account?). Maybe I clicked a pop-up by accident or something. The only thing I can think of that I have been doing different lately is that recently I have begun to use IRC (with Firefox add-on ChatZilla). Could that have caused my problems somehow? Also, I did have an old version of java, which I have now removed and replaced with the latest version. Is there any way I can find out how my computer got infected?

Thanks a lot in advance!

I haven't run HijackThis yet because I can't run Spybot in safe mode. Here is the Kaspersky log though:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER REPORT
Sunday, October 21, 2007 3:39:34 PM
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 5.0.98.0
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database last update: 21/10/2007
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database records: 442101
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scan Settings:
Scan using the following antivirus database: extended
Scan Archives: true
Scan Mail Bases: true

Scan Target - My Computer:
C:\
D:\
E:\

Scan Statistics:
Total number of scanned objects: 122813
Number of viruses found: 5
Number of infected objects: 6
Number of suspicious objects: 2
Duration of the scan process: 01:51:41

Infected Object Name / Virus Name / Last Action
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\VarioAntiVirus8.zip/Activate.exe Suspicious: Password-protected-EXE skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\VarioAntiVirus8.zip ZIP: suspicious - 1 skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Cameron\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3hi2dahw.default\cert8.db Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Cameron\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3hi2dahw.default\formhistory.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Cameron\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3hi2dahw.default\history.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Cameron\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3hi2dahw.default\key3.db Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Cameron\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3hi2dahw.default\search.sqlite Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Cameron\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3hi2dahw.default\urlclassifier2.sqlite Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Cameron\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Cameron\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Cameron\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Cameron\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3hi2dahw.default\Cache\_CACHE_001_ Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Cameron\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3hi2dahw.default\Cache\_CACHE_002_ Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Cameron\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3hi2dahw.default\Cache\_CACHE_003_ Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Cameron\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3hi2dahw.default\Cache\_CACHE_MAP_ Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Cameron\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Cameron\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\AntiPhishing\B3BB5BBA-E7D5-40AB-A041-A5B1C0B26C8F.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Cameron\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Cameron\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Cameron\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temp\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temp\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\BigFix\__Data\Gateway\__Local\Tmp\Gateway_Specific.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\BigFix\__Data\Gateway\__Local\Tmp\Gateway_Specific_UK.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\BigFix\__Data\Gateway\__Local\Tmp\Gateway_Specific_Vista_UK.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\BigFix\__Data\Gateway\__Local\Tmp\Microsoft_Security.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\BigFix\__Data\Gateway\__Local\Tmp\Microsoft_Security_UK.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\BigFix\__Data\Gateway\__Local\Tmp\Other.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\BigFix\__Data\Gateway\__Local\Tmp\Urgent.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\BigFix\__Data\Gateway\__Local\Tmp\Welcome.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcrst.dll Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\ESET\cache\CACHE.NDB Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\ESET\infected\1SJIMQCA.NQF Infected: Trojan.Win32.Agent.bck skipped
C:\Program Files\ESET\infected\ZQDOQJDA.NQF Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Virtumonde.ady skipped
C:\Program Files\ESET\logs\virlog.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\ESET\logs\warnlog.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{1E2B5DEE-A9DF-4BEB-80A4-D17E3B9C3CEA}\RP324\A0077363.dll Infected: not-a-virus:FraudTool.Win32.BestSeller.a skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{1E2B5DEE-A9DF-4BEB-80A4-D17E3B9C3CEA}\RP324\A0077372.dll Infected: not-a-virus:FraudTool.Win32.BestSeller.a skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{1E2B5DEE-A9DF-4BEB-80A4-D17E3B9C3CEA}\RP325\A0077529.dll Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Virtumonde.aea skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{1E2B5DEE-A9DF-4BEB-80A4-D17E3B9C3CEA}\RP327\change.log Object is locked skipped
C:\VundoFix Backups\nfeudlcy.dll.bad Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Virtumonde.aea skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Debug\PASSWD.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Sti_Trace.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\edb.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\tmp.edb Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\ACEEvent.evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\AppEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\Internet.evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SecEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SysEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\h323log.txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.BTR Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING.VER Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING1.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING2.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.DATA Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\wiadebug.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\wiaservc.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\WindowsUpdate.log Object is locked skipped

Scan process completed.

Sputnik
2007-10-22, 00:52
I wish this forum let me edit posts, so I could just add this to the old one, instead of making a whole new post.

I went ahead and ran HijackThis without running Spybot first. Here is the log:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 6:41:08 PM, on 10/21/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16544)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\WINDOWS\stsystra.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\bin\ZCfgSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_FATIAFA.EXE
C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32kui.exe
C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\bin\btwdins.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Digidesign\Drivers\MMERefresh.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\E_S00RP1.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Maxtor\Maxtor Backup\MaxBackServiceInt.exe
C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32krn.exe
C:\Program Files\Maxtor\OneTouch\Utils\SyncServices.exe
C:\Program Files\BigFix\bigfix.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\BTTray.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\WIDCOMM\BLUETO~1\BTSTAC~1.EXE
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Intel\Wireless\Bin\Dot1XCfg.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.gateway.com/g/sidepanel.html?Ch=Consumer&Br=GTW&Loc=ENG_US&Sys=PTB&M=NX560XL
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.gateway.com/g/startpage.html?Ch=Consumer&Br=GTW&Loc=ENG_US&Sys=PTB&M=NX560XL
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.gateway.com/g/startpage.html?Ch=Consumer&Br=GTW&Loc=ENG_US&Sys=PTB&M=NX560XL
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://www.gateway.com/g/sidepanel.html?Ch=Consumer&Br=GTW&Loc=ENG_US&Sys=PTB&M=NX560XL
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://127.0.0.1:4664/first_usage&s=iQ7PFrtC5yi29eF3KPZ-FfJg4Ac
O3 - Toolbar: EPSON Web-To-Page - {EE5D279F-081B-4404-994D-C6B60AAEBA6D} - C:\Program Files\EPSON\EPSON Web-To-Page\EPSON Web-To-Page.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Gateway Extended Warranty] "C:\Program Files\Gateway\GWCares\GWCares.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Reminder] %WINDIR%\Creator\Remind_XP.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] %WINDIR%\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SigmatelSysTrayApp] stsystra.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelZeroConfig] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\bin\ZCfgSvc.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelWireless] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe" /tf Intel PROSet/Wireless
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DigidesignMMERefresh] C:\Program Files\Digidesign\Drivers\MMERefresh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [\\MILNE1\EPSON Stylus CX7800 Series] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_FATIAFA.EXE /P35 "\\MILNE1\EPSON Stylus CX7800 Series" /O6 "USB002" /M "Stylus CX7800"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nod32kui] "C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32kui.exe" /WAITSERVICE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [EPSON Stylus CX5000 Series] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_FATIBVA.EXE /FU "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\E_SA15.tmp" /EF "HKCU"
O4 - Startup: TA_Start.lnk = C:\Documents and Settings\Cameron\Local Settings\Temp\thinksnet.exe
O4 - Global Startup: BigFix.lnk = C:\Program Files\BigFix\bigfix.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Bluetooth.lnk = ?
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Send to &Bluetooth Device... - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie_ctx.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {0EB0E74A-2A76-4AB3-A7FB-9BD8C29F7F75} (CKAVWebScan Object) - http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/english/kavwebscan_unicode.cab
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcinsctl/4,0,0,101/mcinsctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {5ED80217-570B-4DA9-BF44-BE107C0EC166} (Windows Live Safety Center Base Module) - http://cdn.scan.onecare.live.com/resource/download/scanner/wlscbase2895.cab
O16 - DPF: {700EF03F-A472-4D26-8ACB-300F4D04FD96} (Recovery ActiveX Control Module) - http://www.lojackforlaptops.com/ctmweb/testoc.cab
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: Bluetooth Service (btwdins) - Broadcom Corporation. - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\bin\btwdins.exe
O23 - Service: Digidesign MME Refresh Service (DigiRefresh) - Digidesign, A Division of Avid Technology, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Digidesign\Drivers\MMERefresh.exe
O23 - Service: digiSPTIService - Digidesign, A Division of Avid Technology, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Digidesign\Pro Tools\digiSPTIService.exe
O23 - Service: EPSON V3 Service2(03) (EPSON_PM_RPCV2_01) - SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION - C:\WINDOWS\system32\E_S00RP1.EXE
O23 - Service: Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Event Log (EvtEng) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Logitech Bluetooth Service (LBTServ) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\Bluetooth\LBTSERV.EXE (file missing)
O23 - Service: MaxBackServiceInt - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Maxtor\Maxtor Backup\MaxBackServiceInt.exe
O23 - Service: NOD32 Kernel Service (NOD32krn) - Eset - C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32krn.exe
O23 - Service: MaxSyncService (NTService1) - - C:\Program Files\Maxtor\OneTouch\Utils\SyncServices.exe
O23 - Service: PrismXL - New Boundary Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
O23 - Service: Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Registry Service (RegSrvc) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Service (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe

--
End of file - 8973 bytes

Sputnik
2007-10-22, 07:38
I just read that helpers look for zero responses and I had posted my problem in this thread (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=19330) in 2 parts :oops:, so I thought I would use this thread to call attention to it in case helpers mistakenly thought I was already being helped. Sorry to clutter up forum space with 2 threads :sad:! I needed to add something later to that thread, but there aren't edit buttons in this forum, and the text from both posts together was too much for one post anyway. Feel free to lock this thread once I start getting help in the one I linked to above.

Thanks in advance!

ken545
2007-10-22, 13:02
Hello Sputnik
Welcome to Safer Networking.

Please read Before You Post (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)All advice given by anyone volunteering here, is taken at own risk.
While best efforts are made to assist in removing infections safely, unexpected stuff can happen.

Just reply to this thread only and don't start a new topic so we can both be on the same page :)

This is important, do this before you post a HJT log
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe<-- Right click on Hijackthis.exe ( looks like a man with a spyglass )and rename it to Sputnik.exe

Post a new HJT log with it renamed please

Sputnik
2007-10-23, 11:59
Hey! Thanks for your time and help! :)

I am wondering if it would be easier and less time-consuming to just do a system restore. When is it advisable to system restore, and when is it advisable to try and fix the malware?

Also, something weird happened the other day - I'm not sure if it's related to the malware, or if it's just a Firefox bug. I installed the latest update for one of my Firefox add-ons (Stumbleupon) and then when I opened Firefox, it opened with the default theme and I couldn't use any of my add-ons! When I went to Tools>Add-Ons, I could see them there, and the theme I usually use was supposed to be on, but it just looked like the default Firefox theme, the Stumbleupon toolbar was missing, and I couldn't actually use any of my add-ons. When I restarted my computer though, Firefox was fine again.

Here's the new log:

Scan saved at 5:38:32 AM, on 10/23/2007

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\Sputnik.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.gateway.com/g/sidepanel.html?Ch=Consumer&Br=GTW&Loc=ENG_US&Sys=PTB&M=NX560XL
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.gateway.com/g/startpage.html?Ch=Consumer&Br=GTW&Loc=ENG_US&Sys=PTB&M=NX560XL
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.gateway.com/g/startpage.html?Ch=Consumer&Br=GTW&Loc=ENG_US&Sys=PTB&M=NX560XL
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://www.gateway.com/g/sidepanel.html?Ch=Consumer&Br=GTW&Loc=ENG_US&Sys=PTB&M=NX560XL
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://127.0.0.1:4664/first_usage&s=iQ7PFrtC5yi29eF3KPZ-FfJg4Ac
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {232D2677-68EE-4FA1-B988-279EBC8969ED} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\yayyxvu.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {6CB85E7B-2399-43EC-B554-F3399858EC79} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ssqrs.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {89AD4D75-2429-462e-BD4E-443F233F6033} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\igmrgnat.dll
O2 - BHO: Browser Address Error Redirector - {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777} - c:\windows\system32\BAE.dll
O2 - BHO: EpsonToolBandKicker Class - {E99421FB-68DD-40F0-B4AC-B7027CAE2F1A} - C:\Program Files\EPSON\EPSON Web-To-Page\EPSON Web-To-Page.dll
O3 - Toolbar: EPSON Web-To-Page - {EE5D279F-081B-4404-994D-C6B60AAEBA6D} - C:\Program Files\EPSON\EPSON Web-To-Page\EPSON Web-To-Page.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Gateway Extended Warranty] "C:\Program Files\Gateway\GWCares\GWCares.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelZeroConfig] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\bin\ZCfgSvc.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelWireless] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe" /tf Intel PROSet/Wireless
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DigidesignMMERefresh] C:\Program Files\Digidesign\Drivers\MMERefresh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [\\MILNE1\EPSON Stylus CX7800 Series] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_FATIAFA.EXE /P35 "\\MILNE1\EPSON Stylus CX7800 Series" /O6 "USB002" /M "Stylus CX7800"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SearchIndexer] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\lnoblatc.dll",sitypnow
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [EPSON Stylus CX5000 Series] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_FATIBVA.EXE /FU "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\E_SA15.tmp" /EF "HKCU"
O4 - Startup: TA_Start.lnk = C:\Documents and Settings\Cameron\Local Settings\Temp\thinksnet.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Send to &Bluetooth Device... - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie_ctx.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {0EB0E74A-2A76-4AB3-A7FB-9BD8C29F7F75} (CKAVWebScan Object) - http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/english/kavwebscan_unicode.cab
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcinsctl/4,0,0,101/mcinsctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {5ED80217-570B-4DA9-BF44-BE107C0EC166} (Windows Live Safety Center Base Module) - http://cdn.scan.onecare.live.com/resource/download/scanner/wlscbase2895.cab
O16 - DPF: {700EF03F-A472-4D26-8ACB-300F4D04FD96} (Recovery ActiveX Control Module) - http://www.lojackforlaptops.com/ctmweb/testoc.cab
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: Bluetooth Service (btwdins) - Broadcom Corporation. - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\bin\btwdins.exe
O23 - Service: Digidesign MME Refresh Service (DigiRefresh) - Digidesign, A Division of Avid Technology, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Digidesign\Drivers\MMERefresh.exe
O23 - Service: digiSPTIService - Digidesign, A Division of Avid Technology, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Digidesign\Pro Tools\digiSPTIService.exe
O23 - Service: EPSON V3 Service2(03) (EPSON_PM_RPCV2_01) - SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION - C:\WINDOWS\system32\E_S00RP1.EXE
O23 - Service: Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Event Log (EvtEng) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Logitech Bluetooth Service (LBTServ) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\Bluetooth\LBTSERV.EXE (file missing)
O23 - Service: MaxBackServiceInt - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Maxtor\Maxtor Backup\MaxBackServiceInt.exe
O23 - Service: NOD32 Kernel Service (NOD32krn) - Eset - C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32krn.exe
O23 - Service: MaxSyncService (NTService1) - - C:\Program Files\Maxtor\OneTouch\Utils\SyncServices.exe
O23 - Service: PrismXL - New Boundary Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
O23 - Service: Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Registry Service (RegSrvc) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Service (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe

--
End of file - 9976 bytes

ken545
2007-10-23, 13:06
Good Morning Sputnik,

Everytime you start your computer System Restore creates Restore Points and all this garbage your infected with it backed up in there also , so do not do a Restore at this point.

The reason I had you rename HJT is because the thieves that have written the Vundo Trojan have written it to evade a HJT scan and by renaming it to something else, if your infected with Vundo it will now show up on your log, and it did :sad:

Lets do this.

Download VundoFix (http://www.atribune.org/ccount/click.php?id=4 ) to your desktop

Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.
Click the Scan for Vundo button.
Once it's done scanning, click the Remove Vundo button.
You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES
Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
When completed, it will prompt that it will reboot your computer, click OK.
Please post the contents of C:\vundofix.txt and a new HiJackThis log in a reply to this thread.

Note: It is possible that VundoFix encountered a file it could not remove. In this case, VundoFix will run on reboot, simply follow the above instructions starting from "Click the Scan for Vundo button" when VundoFix appears upon rebooting.

Download ComboFix from Here (http://www.techsupportforum.com/sectools/sUBs/ComboFix.exe) or Here (http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exe) to your Desktop.

Double click combofix.exe and follow the prompts.
When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post the Combofix log and a HiJackthis log in your next reply

Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while its running. That may cause it to stall

Download CCleaner from here (http://www.ccleaner.com/) to clean temp files from your computer.

Double click on the file to start the installation of the program.
Select your language and click OK, then next.
Read the license agreement and click I Agree.
Click next to use the default install location. Click Install then finish to complete installation.
Double click the CCleaner shortcut on the desktop to start the program.
On the "Windows" tab, under "Internet Explorer," uncheck "Cookies" if you do not want them deleted. (If deleted, you will likely need to reenter your passwords at all sites where a cookie is used to recognize you when you visit).
If you use either the Firefox or Mozilla browsers, the box to uncheck for "Cookies" is on the Applications tab, under Firefox/Mozilla.
Click on the "Options" icon at the left side of the window, then click on "Advanced."
deselect "Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 48 hours."
Click on the "Cleaner" icon on the left side of the window, then click Run Cleaner to run the program.
Caution: It is not recommended that you use the "Issues" feature unless you are very familiar with the registry as it has been known to find legitimate items.
After CCleaner has completed its process, click Exit.

*NOTE* CCleaner deletes EVERYTHING out of temp/temporary folders. If you have anything in a temp folder, back it up or move it to a permanent folder prior to running CCleaner!

This is what I need.
1. Vundo Fix Report
2. Combofix Report
3. New HJT log please

Sputnik
2007-10-23, 17:50
Wouldn't it be ok to do a system restore to before I started having all these problems?

I had tried VundoFix before, and it was still unable to remove that dll (even after rebooting).

Here's the VundoFix report:

VundoFix V6.5.10

Checking Java version...

Scan started at 1:45:39 AM 10/21/2007

Listing files found while scanning....

C:\WINDOWS\system32\nfeudlcy.dll
C:\windows\system32\yayyxvu.dll

Beginning removal...

Beginning removal...

Attempting to delete C:\WINDOWS\system32\nfeudlcy.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nfeudlcy.dll Has been deleted!

Attempting to delete C:\windows\system32\yayyxvu.dll
C:\windows\system32\yayyxvu.dll Could not be deleted.

Performing Repairs to the registry.
Done!

VundoFix V6.5.10

Checking Java version...

Scan started at 2:19:21 AM 10/21/2007

Beginning removal...

Done!

Beginning removal...

Done!

VundoFix V6.5.10

Checking Java version...

Scan started at 2:26:08 AM 10/21/2007

Beginning removal...

Done!

Beginning removal...

Done!

Beginning removal...

VundoFix V6.5.10

Checking Java version...

Scan started at 2:33:11 AM 10/21/2007

Beginning removal...

Done!

Beginning removal...

Done!

Beginning removal...

VundoFix V6.5.10

Checking Java version...

Scan started at 3:16:17 AM 10/21/2007

Beginning removal...

Done!

Beginning removal...

Done!

Beginning removal...

VundoFix V6.5.10

Checking Java version...

Scan started at 3:50:36 AM 10/21/2007

No infected files were found.

VundoFix V6.5.10

Checking Java version...

Scan started at 3:52:15 AM 10/21/2007

VundoFix V6.5.10

Checking Java version...

Scan started at 4:06:18 AM 10/21/2007

Beginning removal...

Done!

Beginning removal...

Done!

Beginning removal...

VundoFix V6.5.10

Checking Java version...

Scan started at 10:55:35 AM 10/23/2007

C:\WINDOWS\system32\igmrgnat.dll

Beginning removal...

Attempting to delete C:\WINDOWS\system32\igmrgnat.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igmrgnat.dll Has been deleted!

Done!

Beginning removal...

Done!

VundoFix V6.5.10

Checking Java version...

Scan started at 11:04:27 AM 10/23/2007

Beginning removal...

Done!

Beginning removal...

Done!

Sputnik
2007-10-23, 17:51
ComboFix 07-10-23.2 - Cameron 2007-10-23 11:14:24.1 - NTFSx86
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.1621 [GMT -4:00]
Running from: C:\Documents and Settings\Cameron\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
* Created a new restore point

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

C:\Documents and Settings\Cameron\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\ta_start.lnk
C:\WINDOWS\cookies.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\_000008_.tmp.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\fgjlm.bak1
C:\WINDOWS\system32\fgjlm.ini2
C:\WINDOWS\system32\fgjlm.tmp
C:\WINDOWS\system32\srqss.bak1
C:\WINDOWS\system32\srqss.bak2
C:\WINDOWS\system32\srqss.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\srqss.ini2
C:\WINDOWS\system32\srqss.tmp
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ssqrs.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\uttss.bak1
C:\WINDOWS\system32\uttss.bak2
C:\WINDOWS\system32\uttss.ini2
C:\WINDOWS\system32\uttss.tmp
D:\Autorun.inf

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Drivers/Services )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

-------\LEGACY_FMTR

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2007-09-23 to 2007-10-23 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2007-10-23 11:13 51,200 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\NirCmd.exe
2007-10-23 08:08 84,544 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\qonyaopb.dll
2007-10-21 18:39 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Trend Micro
2007-10-21 04:49 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\Kaspersky Lab
2007-10-21 01:45 <DIR> d-------- C:\VundoFix Backups
2007-10-20 17:31 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Windows Live Safety Center
2007-10-19 22:06 24,064 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\msxml3a.dll
2007-10-19 22:01 34,304 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\yayyxvu.dll
2007-10-14 20:28 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\.jagex_cache_32
2007-10-09 13:03 582,656 --a--c--- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\rpcrt4.dll
2007-10-01 13:52 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\iTunes
2007-10-01 13:52 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\iPod

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2007-10-21 07:32 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Java
2007-10-14 10:36 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\Cameron\Application Data\Digidesign
2007-09-11 20:43 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Apple Software Update
2007-08-29 02:58 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\xing shared
2007-08-29 02:58 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real
2007-08-29 02:57 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Real
2007-08-23 23:25 --------- d--h--w C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information
2007-08-23 21:35 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\Cameron\Application Data\U3
2007-08-23 20:26 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe
2007-08-23 18:49 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\Cameron\Application Data\EPSON
2007-07-24 23:38 29,696 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\mickey32.dll
2006-11-05 19:33 0 ----a-w C:\Documents and Settings\Cameron\Application Data\wklnhst.dat

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"Gateway Extended Warranty"="C:\Program Files\Gateway\GWCares\GWCares.exe" [2004-02-08 20:30]
"RemoteControl"="C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe" [2005-01-12 07:01]
"SynTPLpr"="C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe" [2004-11-05 11:47]
"SynTPEnh"="C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe" [2004-11-05 11:47]
"Reminder"="%WINDIR%\Creator\Remind_XP.exe" []
"Recguard"="%WINDIR%\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE" []
"SigmatelSysTrayApp"="stsystra.exe" [2006-02-13 05:23 C:\WINDOWS\stsystra.exe]
"IntelZeroConfig"="C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\bin\ZCfgSvc.exe" [2005-12-28 15:55]
"IntelWireless"="C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe" [2005-12-28 15:56]
"DigidesignMMERefresh"="C:\Program Files\Digidesign\Drivers\MMERefresh.exe" [2006-06-23 02:21]
"\\MILNE1\EPSON Stylus CX7800 Series"="C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_FATIAFA.exe" [2005-04-07 00:00]
"nod32kui"="C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32kui.exe" [2007-07-12 12:33]
"QuickTime Task"="C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" [2007-06-29 06:24]
"iTunesHelper"="C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe" [2007-09-26 14:42]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe" [2007-09-25 01:11]
"ac490e92"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\qonyaopb.dll" [2007-10-23 08:08]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"ctfmon.exe"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe" [2004-08-04 22:00]
"EPSON Stylus CX5000 Series"="C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_FATIBVA.exe" [2006-10-18 04:01]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\lsa]
"Authentication Packages"= msv1_0 C:\WINDOWS\system32\ssqrs.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\WdfLoadGroup"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^Cameron^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^Adobe Gamma.lnk]
path=C:\Documents and Settings\Cameron\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Adobe Gamma.lnk
backup=C:\WINDOWS\pss\Adobe Gamma.lnkStartup

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\Adobe Reader Speed Launcher]
"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\Aim6]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\AOL Spyware Protection]
"C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\ATICCC]
"C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe" runtime -Delay

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\Google Desktop Search]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\MaxtorOneTouch]
C:\Program Files\Maxtor\OneTouch\utils\Onetouch.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\mxomssmenu]
"C:\Program Files\Maxtor\OneTouch Status\maxmenumgr.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\QuickTime Task]
"C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\SMSERIAL]
sm56hlpr.exe

R0 DigiFilter;DigiFilter;C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\DigiFilt.sys
R2 DigiNet;Digidesign Ethernet Support;C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\diginet.sys
S3 DIGIFW;Service for Mbox 2 Pro Driver (WDM);C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\digifw.sys
S3 iLokDrvr;iLok;C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\iLokDrvr.sys

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{5a691644-3a79-11dc-8a36-0016cee21d3c}]
AutoRun\command

Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder
"2007-10-22 17:30:01 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\AppleSoftwareUpdate.job"

catchme 0.3.1232 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2007-10-23 11:23:34
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

"\\\\MILNE1\\EPSON Stylus CX7800 Series"="C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\spool\\DRIVERS\\W32X86\\3\\E_FATIAFA.EXE /P35 \"\\\\MILNE1\\EPSON Stylus CX7800 Series\" /O6 \"USB002\" /M \"Stylus CX7800\""
Completion time: 2007-10-23 11:24:18 - machine was rebooted
--- E O F ---

Sputnik
2007-10-23, 17:53
Scan saved at 11:38:07 AM, on 10/23/2007

Running processes:

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Browser Address Error Redirector - {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777} - c:\windows\system32\BAE.dll
O2 - BHO: EpsonToolBandKicker Class - {E99421FB-68DD-40F0-B4AC-B7027CAE2F1A} - C:\Program Files\EPSON\EPSON Web-To-Page\EPSON Web-To-Page.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ac490e92] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\qonyaopb.dll",b

--
End of file - 9229 bytes

ken545
2007-10-23, 18:53
Sputnik,

Your coming along quite well, you keep pushing for a System Restore, I have been at this malware removal for around 5 years and wish that all we had to do is have a poster run System restore to fix there system, if it worked there would be no need for this forum or the dozens or so just like ours and then I could move on to other things. System Restore will not remove your infection. Vundo is a serious infection but it can be removed successfully, you just need to be patient.

Open Hijackthis to Scan Only, close all open windows including this one , place a checkmark in the following entries and click on Fix Checked.

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ac490e92] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\qonyaopb.dll",b

Download OTMoveIt (http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/oldtimer/OTMoveIt.exe) and save it to your desktop

Open OTMoveIt.exe.
In the left pane where it says: "Paste List of Files/Folders to be Moved", copy and paste the files in the quote box including the full path

C:\WINDOWS\system32\qonyaopb.dll

Then click the MoveIt button below.
In case you get a "Bad Image" error, just click OK at the promt. It will move the file anyway.
When done, it will create a log (********_******.log -- * stands for date and time) in next folder: C:\_OTMoveIt\MovedFiles.
Copy and paste this log in your next reply.

We need to make sure all hidden files are showing :

Click Start.
Open My Computer.
Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
Select the View tab.
Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Show hidden files and folders.
Uncheck the Hide file extensions for known types option.
Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
Click Yes to confirm.
Click OK.

Once your system is clean, we suggest that you reverse this to keep critical windows files from accidently being deleted.

Go to this site Jotti Upload (http://virusscan.jotti.org/) and under the browse feature, browse to this file

C:\WINDOWS\mickey32.dll

Then click on Submit and it will give you a report, post the report in your next reply.

I need to see the OtMoveIt log, the log from Jotti and a New HJT log please

Sputnik
2007-10-24, 06:03
Sorry! I didn't mean to argue or doubt you, I just didn't understand.

OTMoveIt log:

DllUnregisterServer procedure not found in C:\windows\system32\yayyxvu.dll
C:\windows\system32\yayyxvu.dll NOT unregistered.
C:\windows\system32\yayyxvu.dll moved successfully.
DllUnregisterServer procedure not found in C:\WINDOWS\system32\qonyaopb.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\qonyaopb.dll NOT unregistered.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\qonyaopb.dll moved successfully.

Created on 10/23/2007 23:35:11

Jotti log:

Service
Service load:
0% 100%
File: mickey32.dll
OK(Note: this file has been scanned before. Therefore, this file's scan results will not be stored in the database)
MD5: 640a62be951e4b41a0f2a70234fb6526
Packers detected:
-
Bit9 reports: File not found

Scanner results
Scan taken on 24 Oct 2007 03:43:01 (GMT)
A-Squared
Found nothing
AntiVir
Found nothing
ArcaVir
Found nothing
Avast
Found nothing
AVG Antivirus
Found nothing
BitDefender
Found nothing
ClamAV
Found nothing
CPsecure
Found nothing
Dr.Web
Found nothing
F-Prot Antivirus
Found nothing
F-Secure Anti-Virus
Found nothing
Fortinet
Found nothing
Kaspersky Anti-Virus
Found nothing
NOD32
Found nothing
Norman Virus Control
Found nothing
Panda Antivirus
Found nothing
Rising Antivirus
Found nothing
Sophos Antivirus
Found nothing
VirusBuster
Found nothing
VBA32
Found nothing

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be part of the Jotti log or not:

Statistics
Last file scanned at least one scanner reported something about: Money.vbs (MD5: 01921efde969ad4e5702758fcc8b52f0, size: 10866 bytes), detected by:

Scanner Malware name
A-Squared X
AntiVir X
ArcaVir VBS.Phybre.B
Avast X
AVG Antivirus X
BitDefender X
ClamAV X
CPsecure X
Dr.Web SCRIPT.Virus
F-Prot Antivirus X
F-Secure Anti-Virus X
Fortinet X
Kaspersky Anti-Virus X
NOD32 X
Norman Virus Control X
Panda Antivirus X
Rising Antivirus X
Sophos Antivirus X
VirusBuster X
VBA32 X

Sputnik
2007-10-24, 06:04
Scan saved at 11:59:45 PM, on 10/23/2007

Running processes:

--
End of file - 9149 bytes

ken545
2007-10-24, 11:27
Sorry! I didn't mean to argue or doubt you, I just didn't understand. Not a problem. System Restore should be run to create a new restore point when lets say you install a large software program, if it borks your computer you can uninstall that software and then restore your system to before you installed it, but with viruses and malware, the stuff hides all over and when your clean if you restore your just going to infect yourself again as all the bad files are backed up in there.

This is related to RealPlayer , if you no longer have it on your system then you can remove this with HJT

The rest of your log looks fine :bigthumb: How is your system behaving now??

Sputnik
2007-10-24, 11:28
I just thought I'd let you know that I ran Spybot just now and it found Virtumonde :sad:.

Sputnik
2007-10-24, 11:40
I do have Realplayer still installed.

ken545
2007-10-24, 12:42
Spybot is finding leftover registry entries, run Spybot and remove all it finds, reboot your system, run it again and it should come up clean. let me know?

Then leave that entry that I pointed out alone.

Ken

Sputnik
2007-10-26, 00:47
I did what you said and Virtumonde still shows up! :sad: :banghead::thud:

ken545
2007-10-26, 01:10
Copy the files with the complete path inside the quote box by highlighting it and pressing CTRL C on your keyboard.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\yayyxvu.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ssqrs.dll

Open up Vundofix

Right click inside the white box and click on Add More Files
Paste these in
Close Window
Click on Remove Vundo.
Close out the tool when done.
Paste the report into this thread.

Open Spybot and go to Help> About and make sure you have version 1.5.1, let me know, if you still have the older version I will link you to the upgrade.

Post the Vundofix log and a new HJT log and lets make sure nothing has returned.

Sputnik
2007-10-26, 04:04
I ran the Windows Live OneCare safety scanner again and it found 2 trojans: "Win32/Conhook.B" and "Win32/Vundo.k".

I am going to go do what you told me now...

Sputnik
2007-10-26, 04:24
I have Spybot 1.4! :oops:

VundoFix log:

VundoFix V6.5.10

Checking Java version...

Scan started at 1:45:39 AM 10/21/2007

C:\WINDOWS\system32\nfeudlcy.dll

Beginning removal...

Beginning removal...

Attempting to delete C:\WINDOWS\system32\nfeudlcy.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nfeudlcy.dll Has been deleted!

Done!

VundoFix V6.5.10

Checking Java version...

Scan started at 2:19:21 AM 10/21/2007

Beginning removal...

Done!

Beginning removal...

Done!

VundoFix V6.5.10

Checking Java version...

Scan started at 2:26:08 AM 10/21/2007

Beginning removal...

Done!

Beginning removal...

Done!

Beginning removal...

VundoFix V6.5.10

Checking Java version...

Scan started at 2:33:11 AM 10/21/2007

Beginning removal...

Done!

Beginning removal...

Done!

Beginning removal...

VundoFix V6.5.10

Checking Java version...

Scan started at 3:16:17 AM 10/21/2007

Beginning removal...

Done!

Beginning removal...

Done!

Beginning removal...

VundoFix V6.5.10

Checking Java version...

Scan started at 3:50:36 AM 10/21/2007

VundoFix V6.5.10

Checking Java version...

Scan started at 3:52:15 AM 10/21/2007

VundoFix V6.5.10

Checking Java version...

Scan started at 4:06:18 AM 10/21/2007

Beginning removal...

Done!

Beginning removal...

Done!

Beginning removal...

VundoFix V6.5.10

Checking Java version...

Scan started at 10:55:35 AM 10/23/2007

C:\WINDOWS\system32\igmrgnat.dll

Beginning removal...

Attempting to delete C:\WINDOWS\system32\igmrgnat.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igmrgnat.dll Has been deleted!

Done!

Beginning removal...

Done!

VundoFix V6.5.10

Checking Java version...

Scan started at 11:04:27 AM 10/23/2007

Beginning removal...

Done!

Beginning removal...

Done!

VundoFix V6.5.10

Checking Java version...

Scan started at 5:46:19 AM 10/24/2007

VundoFix V6.5.10

Checking Java version...

Scan started at 6:45:17 PM 10/25/2007

Beginning removal...

Done!

Beginning removal...

Done!

HJT Log:

Scan saved at 10:15:26 PM, on 10/25/2007

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

O16 - DPF: {5ED80217-570B-4DA9-BF44-BE107C0EC166} (Windows Live Safety Center Base Module) - http://cdn.scan.onecare.live.com/resource/download/scanner/wlscbase4009.cab

--
End of file - 9136 bytes

ken545
2007-10-26, 14:22
Please download OTMoveIt (http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/oldtimer/OTMoveIt.exe) by OldTimer.

Save it to your desktop.
Please double-click OTMoveIt.exe to run it.
Copy the file paths below to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose copy):

Return to OTMoveIt, right click on the "Paste List of Files/Folders to be moved" window and choose Paste.
Click the red Moveit! button.
Copy everything on the Results window to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose copy), and paste it on your next reply.
Close OTMoveIt

If a file or folder cannot be moved immediately you may be asked to reboot the machine to finish the move process. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes.

Then take the Combofix program that you used earlier and delete it as this program is upgraded on a regular basis and download and run it again.

Download ComboFix from Here (http://www.techsupportforum.com/sectools/sUBs/ComboFix.exe) or Here (http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exe) to your Desktop.

Double click combofix.exe and follow the prompts.
When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post the Combofix log and a HiJackthis log in your next reply

Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while its running. That may cause it to stall

Post the OtMoveIt log , the Combofix log and a new HJT log please

Sputnik
2007-10-28, 14:09
I updated to Spybot 1.5.1 and ran a search and it didn't find Virtumonde. I am going to run another OneCare scan.

OTMoveIt log:

File/Folder C:\windows\system32\yayyxvu.dll not found.

Created on 10/28/2007 08:45:44

ComboFix log:

ComboFix 07-10-26.4 - Cameron 2007-10-28 8:50:25.2 - NTFSx86
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.1609 [GMT -4:00]
Running from: C:\Documents and Settings\Cameron\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
* Created a new restore point

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

C:\WINDOWS\cookies.ini

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2007-09-28 to 2007-10-28 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2007-10-25 21:51 <DIR> d-------- C:\{800183EC-0000-0000-B804-C545AB17D5C1}
2007-10-23 11:30 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\CCleaner
2007-10-23 11:13 51,200 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\NirCmd.exe
2007-10-21 18:39 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Trend Micro
2007-10-21 04:49 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\Kaspersky Lab
2007-10-21 04:49 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab
2007-10-21 01:45 <DIR> d-------- C:\VundoFix Backups
2007-10-20 17:31 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Windows Live Safety Center
2007-10-19 22:06 24,064 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\msxml3a.dll
2007-10-14 20:28 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\.jagex_cache_32
2007-10-09 13:03 582,656 --a--c--- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\rpcrt4.dll
2007-10-01 13:52 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\iTunes
2007-10-01 13:52 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\iPod

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2007-10-28 11:08 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
2007-10-21 07:32 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Java
2007-10-14 10:36 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\Cameron\Application Data\Digidesign
2007-09-11 20:43 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Apple Software Update
2007-08-29 02:58 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\xing shared
2007-08-29 02:58 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real
2007-08-29 02:57 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Real
2007-08-21 06:15 683,520 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetcomm.dll
2007-07-30 23:19 92,504 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\cdm.dll
2007-07-30 23:19 549,720 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuapi.dll
2007-07-30 23:19 53,080 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
2007-07-30 23:19 43,352 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\wups2.dll
2007-07-30 23:19 325,976 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\wucltui.dll
2007-07-30 23:19 203,096 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuweb.dll
2007-07-30 23:19 1,712,984 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuaueng.dll
2007-07-30 23:18 33,624 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\wups.dll
2006-11-05 19:33 0 ----a-w C:\Documents and Settings\Cameron\Application Data\wklnhst.dat

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( snapshot@2007-10-23_11.23.58.75 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
- 2007-09-27 18:48:00 465,472 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\wlscBase.dll
+ 2007-10-15 14:02:14 465,472 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\wlscBase.dll
- 2007-06-17 07:14:59 295,606 ----a-r C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A81000000003}\SC_Reader.exe
+ 2007-10-26 08:41:37 295,606 ----a-r C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A81000000003}\SC_Reader.exe
- 2007-04-02 18:21:27 139,776 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\swreg.exe
+ 2007-07-22 22:39:27 279,552 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\swreg.exe
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown

"Gateway Extended Warranty"="C:\Program Files\Gateway\GWCares\GWCares.exe" [2004-02-08 20:30]
"RemoteControl"="C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe" [2005-01-12 07:01]
"SynTPLpr"="C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe" [2004-11-05 11:47]
"SynTPEnh"="C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe" [2004-11-05 11:47]
"Reminder"="%WINDIR%\Creator\Remind_XP.exe" []
"Recguard"="%WINDIR%\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE" []
"SigmatelSysTrayApp"="stsystra.exe" [2006-02-13 05:23 C:\WINDOWS\stsystra.exe]
"IntelZeroConfig"="C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\bin\ZCfgSvc.exe" [2005-12-28 15:55]
"IntelWireless"="C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe" [2005-12-28 15:56]
"DigidesignMMERefresh"="C:\Program Files\Digidesign\Drivers\MMERefresh.exe" [2006-06-23 02:21]
"\\MILNE1\EPSON Stylus CX7800 Series"="C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_FATIAFA.exe" [2005-04-07 00:00]
"nod32kui"="C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32kui.exe" [2007-07-12 12:33]
"QuickTime Task"="C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" [2007-06-29 06:24]
"iTunesHelper"="C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe" [2007-09-26 14:42]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe" [2007-09-25 01:11]
"Adobe Reader Speed Launcher"="C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe" [2007-10-10 19:51]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"ctfmon.exe"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe" [2004-08-04 22:00]
"EPSON Stylus CX5000 Series"="C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_FATIBVA.exe" [2006-10-18 04:01]
"SpybotSD TeaTimer"="C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe" [2007-08-31 16:46]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\WdfLoadGroup"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^Cameron^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^Adobe Gamma.lnk]
path=C:\Documents and Settings\Cameron\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Adobe Gamma.lnk
backup=C:\WINDOWS\pss\Adobe Gamma.lnkStartup

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\Adobe Reader Speed Launcher]
"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\Aim6]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\AOL Spyware Protection]
"C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\ATICCC]
"C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe" runtime -Delay

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\Google Desktop Search]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\MaxtorOneTouch]
C:\Program Files\Maxtor\OneTouch\utils\Onetouch.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\mxomssmenu]
"C:\Program Files\Maxtor\OneTouch Status\maxmenumgr.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\QuickTime Task]
"C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\SMSERIAL]
sm56hlpr.exe

R0 DigiFilter;DigiFilter;C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\DigiFilt.sys
R2 DigiNet;Digidesign Ethernet Support;C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\diginet.sys
S3 DIGIFW;Service for Mbox 2 Pro Driver (WDM);C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\digifw.sys
S3 iLokDrvr;iLok;C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\iLokDrvr.sys

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{5a691644-3a79-11dc-8a36-0016cee21d3c}]
AutoRun\command

Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder
"2007-10-22 17:30:01 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\AppleSoftwareUpdate.job"

catchme 0.3.1232 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2007-10-28 08:52:45
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

"\\\\MILNE1\\EPSON Stylus CX7800 Series"="C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\spool\\DRIVERS\\W32X86\\3\\E_FATIAFA.EXE /P35 \"\\\\MILNE1\\EPSON Stylus CX7800 Series\" /O6 \"USB002\" /M \"Stylus CX7800\""
Completion time: 2007-10-28 8:53:20
C:\ComboFix2.txt ... 2007-10-23 11:24
--- E O F ---

HJT log:

Scan saved at 8:58:00 AM, on 10/28/2007

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe

O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {5ED80217-570B-4DA9-BF44-BE107C0EC166} (Windows Live Safety Center Base Module) - http://cdn.scan.onecare.live.com/resource/download/scanner/wlscbase4009.cab

--
End of file - 9708 bytes

ken545
2007-10-28, 14:25
This entry is taking me nowhere so you can remove it with HJT.

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://127.0.0.1:4664/first_usage&s=...eF3KPZ-FfJg4Ac

The rest of your log looks fine :bigthumb: How are things running now??

Sputnik
2007-10-28, 23:46
Spybot, NOD32 and VundoFix find nothing, but Windows Live OneCare safety scanner still finds "Win32/Conhook.B"! :sad:

Sputnik
2007-10-29, 00:09
P.S. I've had some strange troubles today, such as my screensaver resetting to "none", an internet explorer shortcut appearing on my desktop, when I insert a CD or DVD the window that usually pops up asking me what to do ("Play using windows media player", "Open folder to view files using windows explorer", "Take no action" etc.) doesn't pop up, and my taskbar's clock switching the time to 24 hour mode and the date to yyyy-MM-dd format. Any idea what caused it? I think Spybot-SD Resident - which I only started using today - may have had something to do with it, but I'm not sure. Here's the log from it:

2007-10-28 08:49:21 Allowed (based on user decision) value "AutoRun" (new data: "") deleted in Command processor!
2007-10-28 08:49:30 Allowed (based on user decision) value "scrnsave.exe" (new data: "") deleted in Desktop settings!
2007-10-28 09:33:56 Allowed (based on user decision) value "scrnsave.exe" (new data: "C:\WINDOWS\MATRIX~1.SCR") added in Desktop settings!

I'm not sure what it all means! The first two popped up when I installed ComboFix, so I allowed it because I figured they must have something to do with that, but in retrospect I don't think so. The third one is when I set my screensaver back to what it usually is.

Sputnik
2007-10-29, 00:42
And now when I click on a link in my e-mail, my computer tries to open it in IE instead of Firefox (even though Firefox is still the default browser) and a window pops up asking me to "locate link browser" - unless Firefox is already open, in which case the site loads in there fine. :banghead:

I have half a mind just to save all my documents onto an external hard drive and wipe my computer completely clean, re-install everything and then transfer the docs back. Surely that would 100% fix all my problems?

ken545
2007-10-29, 01:09
When you ran Combofix, if you followed along with it as it started, you would have seen it say that your desktop and time will be reset, Not to do anything and it will also be reset back to normal after the scan, so I dont know what you did to prevent that.

I am not clear on what program you ran to produce this log

2007-10-28 08:49:21 Allowed (based on user decision) value "AutoRun" (new data: "") deleted in Command processor!
2007-10-28 08:49:30 Allowed (based on user decision) value "scrnsave.exe" (new data: "") deleted in Desktop settings!
2007-10-28 09:33:56 Allowed (based on user decision) value "scrnsave.exe" (new data: "C:\WINDOWS\MATRIX~1.SCR") added in Desktop settings!

At this point you can use System Restore to Restore your computer but only go back to before your ran the scan that removed the above.

If System Restore did not fix it then do the following

open Firefox and go to Tools> Options and on the Main page and make sure there is a checkmark in Always check to see if Firefox is the default browser, you can also click on Check Now and make it your default.

You have to understand that the people that write all these infections are really a bunch of dirtbags and there programing skills are very sloppy, they have only one mission and thats to steal anything they can from you and if it damages your computer in the process they could care less.

Lets run Super Antispyware and it should find that conhook and remove it, I dont know where it is as its not showing up on your HJT log. Post the report and we can take care of that issue, and then I will direct you to a windows forum that can help you restore things back the way they were.

Please download SuperAntiSpyware (http://www.superantispyware.com/downloadfi...ANTISPYWAREFREE)
Install the program

Run SuperAntiSpyware and click: Check for updates
Once the update is finished, on the main screen, click: Scan your computer
Check: Perform Complete Scan
Click Next to start the scan.

Superantispyware scans the computer, and when finished, lists all the infections found.
Make sure everything found has a check next to it, and press: Next
Then, click Finish

It is possible that the program asks to reboot in order to delete some files.

Obtain the SuperAntiSpyware log as follows:
Click: Preferences
Click the Statistics/Logs tab
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SuperAntiSpyware Scan Log
It opens in your default text editor (such as Notepad)

Please provide the SuperAntiSpyware log in your reply, as well as a new HijackThis log.

Let me know how your doing, if you ran SAS post the log and a New HJT log.

tashi
2007-11-06, 23:11
Still with us Sputnik? :)

Sputnik
2007-11-07, 22:30
Hi, yes. I have been very busy lately and haven't had time to respond properly yet. I will soon though!

Sputnik
2007-11-19, 05:38
Hey there.
I just want to apologize for taking so long, and to say that I will finally get some time to post properly after Thanksgiving.

Sputnik
2007-11-23, 19:46
I had someone come over to my house and they've fixed it. Thanks for all the help, Ken545!
Eventually I want to reinstall Windows though, just to be 100% sure everything's ok.

ken545
2007-11-23, 19:52
I had someone come over to my house and they've fixed it. Well, if your happy with the outcome. My self, I would post a new HJT log and lets make sure its gone, but this is totally up to you.

Ken