PDA

View Full Version : Immunization and trusted zone change

tupaia
2006-01-22, 22:27
I updated the security definitions for Spybot today. When I "immunized," I immediately got a popup from Microsoft Antispyare stating that a program was trying to add hypermart.net to my trusted zone. I did not allow this change.

I then ran Spybot again and immunized. Microsoft Antispyare again popped up with a flag stating that it had blocked hypermart.net from being added to the trusted zone.

Anyone else have this problem or know whether there is a problem with the latest definitions update?

Zenobia
2006-01-22, 22:43
Please have a look at this:
http://www.spybot.info/en/faq/45.html

tupaia
2006-01-22, 23:14
Thanks. Because I did not allow it, does this mean that all of hypermart.net should be in resticted zone or just a specific "hosted" site?

md usa spybot fan
2006-01-22, 23:19
Spybot is only placing goldengr.hypermart.net in the restricted zone not *.hypermart.net.

More on the subject:

It appears to be a similar problem that was reported and explained in the following thread:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=147

Spybot is adding the following entries to the system registry to place goldengr.hypermart.net in the restricted zone:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\hypermart.net]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\hypermart.net\goldengr]
*=dword:00000004
Microsoft AntiSpyware is evidently misinterpreting those entries as a threat.

Possible residual problem: Since you denied the registry change in Microsoft AntiSpyware, Microsoft AntiSpyware may have remembered that denial and prevent you from adding those entry without allowing to select an option. To overcome this:
Go into Microsoft AntiSpyware > click on the stared item "Real-time Protection" in the left pane > then click "Application Agents" > page down (center pane) until you find "Internet Explorer Trusted Sites" and highlight it > in the right pane click "Manage Allowed/blocked…" > inspect both the Allowed and Blocked entries and delete any references to hypermart.net. Then after backing out of and exiting Microsoft AntiSpyware, reimmunize in Spybot.

tupaia
2006-01-23, 00:32
I think I am straightened out. Thanks, again, to all.