PDA

View Full Version : Spybot does not work

MaxMudu
2006-01-24, 12:34
Hi there I was wondering if someone can help me please.

I can t Check for problems when using Spybot. After clicking the Check for problems button I receive the following message:

You need to install the dtetction updates first by using the integrated update or the manual updater.

I have tried to remove the Spybot from my Dell 9300 with XP Home but I receive the following message error:

File "C\Program Files\Spybot - Search &Destroy\ unins000.dat" soes not exist. Cannot unistall.

I have Spybot Search & Destroy 1.4 but I am trying to uninstalling for then installing it again.

Any suggestions???

Regards
Max :-)

MacSurf
2006-01-24, 14:24
Hi Max,

1) Do you use Spybot-S&D 1.4? You can check this in the main menu -> help-> about.
2) Is your Spybot-S&D up to date?
3) Please check under settings -> settings -> Automation -> Web Update if "Remind me to look for updates at program start"
4) Are you somehow able to scan your system with Spybot-S&D ignoring that message? If not please reconstruct the error message, make a screenshot of it and send it to webmaster@spybot.info

MaxMudu
2006-01-24, 16:12
Hi there,

yes I am using Spybot Search & Destroy 1.4. The software is up to date and the settings are ok.

I am not able to scan the system I am sending the error message to the e mail that you provided me.

Regards
Max :-)

Kanduu
2006-01-26, 02:48
Check your INCLUDES folder in S&D. (For *.SBI files and delete them).

Delete all files from the UPDATE folder.

Start S&D.
Click on the "Search for Updates" button.
(You must be connected to the NET).
Select all available updates.
Click the "Download available updates" button.