PDA

View Full Version : Opening Shortcut brings up Download File

blue eyes
2007-11-08, 13:12
I downloaded the new version and have the shortcut on my desktop like always. Everytime I click to open it...instead of getting the interface of the program, I get what appears to be the download file offering to Run or Save. If I click on Run, then the Program Interface opens. What is going on. Others I have talked to by email that have downloaded it say this is not happening to them. This is my first post so hope I can find the answer on return. :sad:

blue eyes
2007-11-08, 15:07
I downloaded the new version and have the shortcut on my desktop like always. Everytime I click to open it...instead of getting the interface of the program, I get what appears to be the download file offering to Run or Save. If I click on Run, then the Program Interface opens. What is going on. Others I have talked to by email that have downloaded it say this is not happening to them. This is my first post so hope I can find the answer on return. :sad:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/rlbnjm56/Spybotproblem.jpg This is what I get when I click on the shortcut.

md usa spybot fan
2007-11-08, 16:08
That is a just a warning that the program was added or modified, not installed.

Just click the Run button to start Spybot - Search & Destroy.

If you do not what the warning dialog to appear each time you start Spybot - Search & Destroy, uncheck the following before clicking the RUN button:
Always ask before opening this file

blue eyes
2007-11-08, 16:59
Thank you so much...I thought for sure I was losing my mind. LOL And such a simple resolve.