PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Hosts

haylan
2007-11-09, 03:02
hi,

eSupport.FFBiosExt
is a Firefox extension that allows reading out the Bios information and helps finding an update.
Unfortunately it also installs the file and a service, because the vendor of this software did not supply an uninstall functionallity it has been labled as PUPS (Possibly Unpopular Software).

As it turns out the TVICHW32.SYS is also being used with other hardware analysis software, which may run, for instance with ATI software.

We will exclude detection on this file with the next detection update.

I use XP. After running new update of S&D, I could not log onto one particular site--Godaddy.com
After going into Windows>system32>drivers>etc
I had to reformat the hosts file with notepad. That seemed to do the trick, but I still have trouble logging onto godaddy.com at times. Sometimes it will go to their site and sometimes it will not. ???

Help!!
--Stephen

Yodama
2007-11-09, 08:24
So Yodama San, what do you say? "false positive"or not?

yes consider it a false positive , and restore the file if needed. The file is part of tools that access hardware, for instance hardware analysis tools.

*blush*
I have not been addressed with san for a while and do not remember to have ever been addressed with sama :bow:

@haylan
your issue with godaddy appears to be unrelated to the topic of this thread. It may be better to move this to a new thread.

What you describe may be related to the SD-Helper,
within the IE go to 'tools' - 'Spybot Search Destroy Configuration' , in the settings tab , choose 'ask for confirmation before blocking'

It is possible that during login to the site, GoDaddy cycles through different affiliateservers and/or adservers, blocking these may impair login.