PDA

View Full Version : Won't load on my computer

MsBhelp
2007-11-10, 17:18
Hi guys, the spybot s&D will not load on my computer. WHen I go to the shortcut on the desktop, it tells me it is looking for spybotsd.exe. Iknow it is this computer b/c it installed fine on my other computer. Awhile back I did an online scan and found trojans that block antivirus programs. I thought I deleted them all, but apparently did not.

HELP?

spybotsandra
2007-11-10, 20:24
Hello,

Usually, we would ask you to create a Spybot - Search & Destroy system report to see whether there is some new spyware that especially targets Spybot - Search & Destroy (there has been malware removing anti-spyware products in the past). In this case, we may need to utilize a different tool to find out if there is some pest that did this, and if so where it is exactly. Please download HijackThis: http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/
Follow the instructions on that tutorial page to create a log. Please mail that log to our detectives at detections(at)spybot.info. Make sure the subject is clear; we're currently collecting reports on this threat, so we suggest you start the subject with [Spybot Attacked]. Thanks a lot for your help, and we promise to find this one asap!

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

DrWhoFL
2007-11-11, 16:49
Hi guys, the spybot s&D will not load on my computer. WHen I go to the shortcut on the desktop, it tells me it is looking for spybotsd.exe. Iknow it is this computer b/c it installed fine on my other computer. Awhile back I did an online scan and found trojans that block antivirus programs. I thought I deleted them all, but apparently did not.

HELP?

Just for grins and giggles, have you verified the path being used by the desktop shortcut? Does it really point to the proper folder on your hard drive, where Spybot S&D is located? It should be something like this:
"C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /advancedmode"

Why that would get messed up, I don't know, but anything is possible with computers.

Just right click the spybot desktop icon then click Properties and it should display the path on the first tab.

Make sure the shortcut path and the actual path coincide.

Good Luck,
The Doctor :cool:

tashi
2007-11-11, 21:37
MsBhelp, please follow spybotsandra's instructions, the information may be useful to solve this problem.

Cheers.