PDA

View Full Version : Spybot immunization causes reboot

sambo50
2007-11-11, 02:03
I can update Spybot with no problems but when I try to immunize the screen goes black after about 2 seconds and the computer then reboots. I uninstalled Spybot and reinstalled it with the same problem. I uninstalled Spybot and then installed adaware and had the same problem. I did see at one point a warning that a registry entry had been changed; something about not rebooting changed to reboot. Does anyone have a suggestion. Spybot is the only program I've needed in the past and I don't use any anti-virus. I was infected with venomondo several months ago and have since reformatted my hard drive. Any suggestions to fix Spybot would be appreciated.

DrWhoFL
2007-11-11, 16:00
I can update Spybot with no problems but when I try to immunize the screen goes black after about 2 seconds and the computer then reboots. I uninstalled Spybot and reinstalled it with the same problem. I uninstalled Spybot and then installed adaware and had the same problem. I did see at one point a warning that a registry entry had been changed; something about not rebooting changed to reboot. Does anyone have a suggestion. Spybot is the only program I've needed in the past and I don't use any anti-virus. I was infected with venomondo several months ago and have since reformatted my hard drive. Any suggestions to fix Spybot would be appreciated.

Sambo50,
I'm sure you don't realize it, but you're doing yourself and the people you communicate with a great disservice by NOT using a good Anti-Virus program.
Get a virus on your PC, it's bad for you, but worse when it emails itself to all your friends, and on and on.

Stop the spread of viruses on the internet by making sure that you are well protected. A very good, lightweight and effective FREE AV program is AVG 7.5 FREE. It will update itself once every day that you're on line and even perform a full scan of your PC at a scheduled hour, if you permit it to do so.

As for your own PC rebooting upon the immunization by Spybot, I'd have to say that something on your PC, maybe a virus or trojan, just doesn't want you changing the list of blocked sites.

I'd be doing some massive scans of that PC with every piece of security software in my arsenal, if I were sitting at your keyboard.
I'm in the computer business and computer security is my specialty. That's one reason I install Spybot S&D 1.5 and AVG 7.5 FREE, for all my computer customers.

Good Luck,
The Doctor :cool:

tashi
2007-11-11, 17:24
Hello.

and I don't use any anti-virus. I was infected with venomondo several months ago and have since reformatted my hard drive. Any suggestions to fix Spybot would be appreciated.

Please follow the procedure in this link:
"BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Skip the Spybot-S&D scan for now, then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22)

A helper will advise you when available.

Best regards.