PDA

View Full Version : Thunderbird blocking?

radiancestudios
2006-01-24, 21:29
Hi,
Right after running Spybot S&D this weekend, I have suddenly become unable to send email via Thunderbird. Sending email worked just fine up to this point.

I can receive email with no problems;
I can send via my email provider's web interface;
ping via port 25 works fine;
ping of smtp server works fine;
smtp address is accurate;
my ISP has neither blocked nor flagged me;
every other check the tech support at my ISP thought to do worked just fine.

Options at Thunderbird's help site either do not apply or do not change my status. Updating to the most recent version of Thunderbird did not help.

My Linksys network adapter (hardwired) settings have not been changed.

Norton Antivirus is set to check but not block emails.

Can anyone suggest why this might be happening? Does Spybot ever block sending of email?

Thank you for your time.

NekomimiNinja
2006-03-16, 12:55
I've gotten this too, i installed and ran Spybot two days ago, after scanning and fixing, sending mail over SMTP did not work, neither did recieving mail on either pop3 or imap, browsing the web works, but not with sites using secure connections, when i used the recover function it started working again.

And here comes the annoying part: just about 24 hours after having recovered and then uninstalled spybot (since i obviously didnt want it to disable the stuff again) out of the blue, the same problem appeared again.
does anyone know how to fix this?

radiancestudios
2006-03-16, 20:45
Sorry it's happening to you too, but glad it's not just me.... Wonder what it is? :scratch:

jas787
2006-05-01, 22:37
Since I installed Spybot S&D last night I am getting an error message that the connection to my POP3 email server was refused. I use Thunderbird. Now I can neither send nor receive email.

Nothing else was changed. My husband uses the same POP3 email server on his computer, also using Thunderbird (but without Spybot S&D) and he's not having any problems.

Thanks in advance for any help.:confused: