PDA

View Full Version : Silent SDHelper in Internet Exp. not available

PauleyHoyt
2007-11-13, 14:21
How can I disable the notifications popping up when a download was blocked (e.g. Avenue A, Inc., DoubleClick)? FAQ #044 . I followed help instructions to Go to Internet Explorer , Tools , Spybot OK BUT nothing appears to set the silent blocking.

Help :sad:

md usa spybot fan
2007-11-13, 14:27
PauleyHoyt:

Spybot 1.3 or 1.4:

Go into Spybot-S&D > Immunize. Look in the last section labeled "Permanently running bad download blocker for Internet Explorer". There are three modes of operation (options) which are in the pull-down below "Enable permanent blocking of bad addresses in Internet Explorer". They are:
Block all pages silently
Display dialog when blocking
Ask for blocking confirmation
Select "Block all pages silently".

Spybot 1.5:

Go into Internet Explorer > Tools > select "Spybot – Search Destroy Configuration". Then in the "Spybot-S&D - Configuration" window in the "Settings" tab under "When encountering bad things" you can select among:
Block all pages silently
Display dialog when blocking
Ask for blocking confirmation
Select "Block all pages silently".

PauleyHoyt
2007-11-14, 14:48
Thanks for responding. per your instruction below in your post, when I highlight or click "select Spybot Search Destropy Configuration" ... nothing happens. I do not get the Configuration window. I am using Internet Explorer
7.1 and spybot 1.5.15 . So.. I started Spybot and went to Settings tab BUT I do not see "when encountering bad things"...

Any suggestions?

Go into Internet Explorer > Tools > select "Spybot – Search Destroy Configuration". Then in the "Spybot-S&D - Configuration" window in the "Settings" tab under "When encountering bad things" you can select among

md usa spybot fan
2007-11-14, 18:41
PauleyHoyt:

I don't know why the "Spybot – Search Destroy Configuration" facility would not be working. Please check the version of the SDHelper.dll that you are running. Using Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy. Right click on SDHelper.dll and select "Properties". In the "SDHelper.dll Properties" window, click on the Version tab and tell us what version of the SDHelper.dll you are running.

If you are running TeaTimer there is an alternate method to change SDHelper's mode of operation. Right click on TeaTimer's system tray icon, place your cursor on "Resident IE" and then select the mode of operation that you would like.

PauleyHoyt
2007-11-14, 23:02
I am running TeaTimer so I followed procedure below and it WORKED!!!
Thank u:bigthumb:
PauleyHoyt

If you are running TeaTimer there is an alternate method to change SDHelper's mode of operation. Right click on TeaTimer's system tray icon, place your cursor on "Resident IE" and then select the mode of operation that you would like.
:bigthumb:

md usa spybot fan
2007-11-14, 23:22
PauleyHoyt:

... Please check the version of the SDHelper.dll that you are running. Using Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy. Right click on SDHelper.dll and select "Properties". In the "SDHelper.dll Properties" window, click on the Version tab and tell us what version of the SDHelper.dll you are running. ...