PDA

View Full Version : teatimer notifiy popups in start up question...

puppetj
2005-11-03, 07:15
after i allow or deny something, after i restart the pc pop ups of what i allowed or denied notify me when i start up windows (xp) it shows up on the right side of the screen they are annoting how do i make this not happen??

spybotsandra
2005-11-03, 10:10
Hello,

The Pop-Ups of the resident TeaTimer which show you a denied or allowed value are to remind which registry changes are blocked.
If you don't want to see them anymore, please shutdown the TeaTimer with the Resident Systray Icon on the right bottom of the taskbar and then start TeaTimer.exe manually from the Spybot S&D program folder.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

puppetj
2005-11-04, 00:25
whats the option block all pages silently, as why does it show blocked or deinded items that dont even exist anymore because they have been taken out of the teatimer or have been uninstall from windows??? also why does it show only certain programs

spybotsandra
2005-11-04, 10:42
Hello,

The "block all pages silently" or better the bad downloadblocker is another feature in Spybots resident protection. It has nothing to do with the TeaTimer.

It allows you to immunize your computer against some spyware. It currently offers three different immunities:

Permanent Internet Explorer immunity: Similar to JavaCools SpywareBlaster, this allows you to tweak some internal Internet Explorer settings to block the installation of known spyware (and similar threats) installers via ActiveX. Spybot-S&D is able to set all entries for those that are in its database to be blocked. If you want to distinguish, you should install SpywareBlaster.

Permanently running bad download blocker for Internet Explorer: This is a second layer of protection for IE. While the Permanent Immunity blocks installers by their ActiveX ID, this one blocks anything that should come through by different aspects.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

puppetj
2005-11-04, 23:54
can you please help me out on the 2nd question?
about still getting reminder pop ups that i dont what to see or have taken these allow/deinded out of the pc and they still popup also i never had this happen with teamtimer before

whoisneo
2005-11-06, 00:52
Until someone comes up with a way to never see those reminders, try the following:
> Right-click on Spybot-SD tray icon, and choose Settings.
> Click on the "X" next to any Allowed or Blocked registry changes (removing them from the list).
> Right-click on Spybot-SD tray icon, and choose Run Spybot-S&D.
> In Advanced mode (under Mode), temporarily disable TeaTimer under Tools - Resident.
> Restart Windows (Log Off, Restart, etc).
> Run Spybot-S&D from your Programs folder.
> Re-enable TeaTimer under Tools - Resident.
The next time you start Windows, you shouldn't be reminded of those changes that you previously allowed/blocked. However, you'll probably have to do this all over again the next time you allow/block something.