PDA

View Full Version : annoying pop-up ads, can't find windows shell.exe, Please Help!

brandonvet
2007-11-15, 21:09
I have been receiving tons of annoying pop-up spyware prompts and ads. :sick: My browser (IE7) is redirecting when trying to navigate. My control panel was missing and I was getting admin errors saying I'm not allowed to access - contact sys admin. :mad: I have ran McAfee (up to date) and I have ran spybot S&D and have cleaned many malware and a few trojans; however one trojan (according to Spybot) has changed my BHO?? and deleted a key as reported in the fix: (key deleted, GUID: 1D4DB7D2-6EC9-47A3-BD87-1E41684E07BB). I don not know what directory that key is associated with, and I fear that unless I put that deleted key back in my problems will remain. Also, I have deleted the reg key change to regain access to control panel, but still am receiving pop browser junk.

tashi
2007-11-15, 22:47
Hello.

Please see the stickied procedure for this forum: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Copy/paste the Trend Micro HijackThis 2.0.2 log and result of the on-line anti virus scan into a new topic, I will close this one as helpers look for zero response.

Regards.