PDA

View Full Version : Spybot 1.5.1.18 Beta 2

wk357mag
2007-11-18, 07:29
Spybot Search & Destroy 1.5.1.18 Beta 2

Just found this at ScanWith.com (http://www.scanwith.com/download/Spybot_Search_and_Destroy.htm)

Its nice and tight and I think the Schredder worked when it cleaned tracks too!

Looking good so far

PepiMK
2007-11-18, 09:28
Someone guessed the URL again, must have been closely watching :D:
I'm helping friends moving today, so I haven't posted anything yet ;)

wk357mag
2007-11-18, 13:25
Well, I been waiting, but, I didnt guess the url!

during the install, there are two options for shredder. What the differance? I choose other isntalled shredder (i forget the words used on installer), does this mean its now using my "Eraser" that I have installed? Which ever is being used, it does shred during the cleaning process. So its cool!

Anothe DL site folks MajorGeeks (http://www.majorgeeks.com/SpyBot-Search_&_Destroy_Tools_Beta_d5396.html)

pudelein
2007-11-18, 19:57
@ wk357mag,

Thanks for the heads-up! I have just downloaded SSD 1.5.1.18 (beta2), installed it, and tested it. I areee, it's looking good!

PepiMK
2007-11-18, 20:43
@wk357mag: no, there are no two options about the shredder ;) The two things you probably mean are these?

Separate Secure Shredder application
Spybot-S&&D File EraserFirst one is indeed the shredder, as a stand-alone application. The second one is the Explorer context menu entry for SDDelFile.exe, which is not for shredding, but for removing persistent files (contrary to standard "del filename", this terminates processes, closes associated file handles, etc. ... almost everything usually required to remove stubborn malware files that cannot be removed by simply moving them to the trash can... ok, usually Spybot-S&D should detect and allow you to remove these from its interface, but I thought it would be nice to have it separate as well for those who want it. Might be a bit too much to display it in the installer though).

wk357mag
2007-11-18, 21:03
very cool! Thanks alot. I still dont note any issues for myself with beta2

NICK ADSL UK
2007-11-18, 22:49
Just to let you know that the file is saying beta 2 on opening the file but before installation it says beta 1 :eek: If someone could attend to that i would be most grateful :bigthumb:

Regards

CEBII
2007-11-18, 23:02
Bug? This beta refuses to install on win95 but
the "helloween" version works.

PepiMK
2007-11-19, 10:30
Hmmm beta 1 still in the installer, right, will fix that ;)

Refuses to install?
Do you mean the setup doesn't even start, or what kind of refusal exactly?
From what I just compared with the beta 1 installer, there should be no difference in requirements of the installer (I used a new version of the installer again, but it doesn't use any system calls that are not 95 compatible).

CEBII
2007-11-19, 16:25
Hmmm beta 1 still in the installer, right, will fix that ;)

Refuses to install?
Do you mean the setup doesn't even start, or what kind of refusal exactly?
From what I just compared with the beta 1 installer, there should be no difference in requirements of the installer (I used a new version of the installer again, but it doesn't use any system calls that are not 95 compatible).

I start setup

Choose English and click ok

Error message "runtime error at (at-1:0)
cannot import C:\windows\temp\is-SLNAT.tmp\isxdl.dll" appears

PepiMK
2007-11-19, 17:43
Ah thanks, that the InnoSetup Tool download library responsible for downloading updates as part of the installation, I'll be able to replace that with a compatible one :)

SirDracula
2007-11-20, 21:03
Do you have a date in mind for releasing a final version?

noel-pr7
2007-12-03, 18:16
Do you have a date in mind for releasing a final version?

PepiMK will release the final version when he is ready to release it, SirDracula. announcing the date for the final release is not a good idea unless they're absolutely 100% sure they will release it at that specified date, but as you should expect, things happen. be patient. it will come soon.

I may consider testing out the latest beta version of Spybot. The current official edition of Spybot 1.5 seems to take pretty long to load, even on my Pentium 3 computer with WinXP SP2.

djpailo
2007-12-03, 19:21
PepiMK will release the final version when he is ready to release it, SirDracula. announcing the date for the final release is not a good idea unless they're absolutely 100% sure they will release it at that specified date, but as you should expect, things happen. be patient. it will come soon.

I may consider testing out the latest beta version of Spybot. The current official edition of Spybot 1.5 seems to take pretty long to load, even on my Pentium 3 computer with WinXP SP2.

I think the loading issues were fixed with version 1.5.7