PDA

View Full Version : Help, tried on my own, failed

Zealot992003
2007-11-19, 21:30
Hi, Im new here obviously, since last wednesday or thursday Ive been having issues with my computer, the one im using to type this is the family computer, I turned off mine and pulled the power cord out gently to prevent the virus from spreading, Ontop of a possible virus I may have a hacker since on Two occasions the screen flickered quickly and right after that the mouse moved on its own from the middle of the screen to the start menu, and clicked notepad, Please help me out here, The only things that may have let a virus in was that wednesday I had uninstalled avast and was about to install Norton Anti-Virus there was a 2 hour lap between the uninstall/install ontop of that I have noticed my system restore has been limited to wednesday at the time I opened a email in my inbox by mistake, (I had been in one email at the top of the list and then deleted it while still reading it which took me down to the one I was going to delete), and the only other thing ive noticed is "Personal Security Center" If you guys cant help me, thats fine, I appreciate any help I can get, if it comes down to it, just say you have to rebuild it from scratch, Im just trying to make sure this virus or hacker doesnt get to my father's laptop, Yaknow. Please and thank you.

Shaba
2007-11-23, 10:12
Hi Zealot992003

Click here (http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/threat_analytics/HJTInstall.exe) to download HJTInstall.exe
Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
Click on Install.
It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT use the AnalyseThis button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

Shaba
2007-11-30, 10:15
Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team
a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.