PDA

View Full Version : [Solved] 1.5.1.18 "Erase using Spybot - Search & Destroy"

hpwamr
2007-11-19, 23:36
Hello PepiMK,

Many thanks for this beta2. SSD 1.5.1.18 is working very smoothly :2thumb:

I just don't understand the working of "Erase using Spybot - Search & Destroy" in the Windows Explorer.
Because when I select a file in the explorer and then click on: "Erase using...." I always receive a popup box with this message "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel."
Is this a bug or do I something wrong ? :scratch:

Could you please give me a little bit more explanation.

Thank you very much. :)

PepiMK
2007-11-20, 09:31
Might really be something wrong in the installer, thanks for the report :)

The tool itself is just to manually delete files that won't go away otherwise (more or less a delete function that's using the same techniques as Spybot-S&D to get rid of stubborn files).

To fix it, you would have to open regedit, navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\sddelfile\command\, cut the name of the second value there and paste it as the data for the default value (it's usually "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDDelFile.exe" "%1" /ask).

Rosenfeld
2007-11-21, 00:37
Thanks that fixed it for me.

hpwamr
2007-11-21, 01:08
PepiMK,
Thank you for your prompt reply.
Indeed it's something wrong with the key: :wink::

The "Default" value is staying "BLANK"
And there are a new "String Value" with this incorrect Value Name: < "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDDelFile.exe" "%1" /ask > and incorrect Value Data: < Erase using Spybot - Search && Destroy >

Hereunder an export of this bad key: :spider:
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\Shell\sddelfile\command]
"\"C:\\Program Files\\Spybot - Search & Destroy\\SDDelFile.exe\" \"%1\" /ask"="Erase using Spybot - Search && Destroy"

And YES, the "Erase using Spybot - Search & Destroy" is working as expected, when I delete the BAD Value and for the "Default" value, I replace the "BLANK" Data Value with: < "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDDelFile.exe" "%1" /ask >.

PepiMK
2007-11-21, 13:02
I've attached a zip with a .reg file to fix it, or here the repair-sddelfile.reg file content in plain text:

For 64 bit systems its probably:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\sddelfile]
@="Erase using Spybot - Search && Destroy"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\sddelfile\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Spybot - Search & Destroy\\SDDelFile.exe\" \"%1\" /ask"For 32 bit systems, it is:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

@="\"C:\\Program Files\\Spybot - Search & Destroy\\SDDelFile.exe\" \"%1\" /ask"Just for those who may be reading this topic in the future who didn't understand my previous explanation ;)

Ghost Ranger
2007-11-22, 03:49
Is there any purpose in using something as long as "Erase using Spybot - Search & Destroy"? It makes the context menu freaking huge. You should at least shorten it to something like "Erase using Spybot".

PepiMK
2007-11-22, 11:48
I have a bunch of entries of a similar length, but that might be because German entries tend to be longer anyway and my systems are usually mixed ones ;)

Shortened it to "Erase using Spybot-S&D", and please keep in mind that I'm not sure if it makes its way into the final release anyway ;)

Rosenfeld
2007-11-23, 01:32
Yopu can change it to whatever you like, just modify the data string for default value of

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\sddelfile

hpwamr
2007-11-25, 11:56

@="\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Spybot - Search & Destroy\\SDDelFile.exe\" \"%1\" /ask"[/code]

Hello PepiMK,

Juste For Your Iinformation,

CCleaner V2.0.527 is trying to remove this add reg code with as Probem Description: 'Open with Application Issue" :mad:

Have a nice WE.

Asus L3500TP
2007-11-26, 01:26
Hello,

I did not have good work (on my win xp sp2 home) with that new key given by PepiMK :

"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Spybot - Search & Destroy\\SDDelFile.exe\" \"%1\" /ask"

I have put this one :

"C:\\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\\SDDelFile.exe\" \"%1\" /ask"

And now all is working fine to erase !!!

Nota Bene : to hpwamr : with that modification, CCleaner V2.0.527 is not trying to remove this add reg code !!!

Sorry for my bad english, but I am french ...

PepiMK
2007-11-26, 10:05
Ah sorry, the (x86) is specific to 64 bit versions of Windows; and the whole installation path of course to the path you installed Windows in. I did adjust the post above :)

hpwamr
2007-11-26, 17:17
Nota Bene : to hpwamr : with that modification, CCleaner V2.0.527 is not trying to remove this add reg code !!!

Many thanks Asus L3500TP for your valuable imput.

Well, I'm french speaking too :lip: ;)

tulen
2007-11-30, 05:36
is there a way to just remove "erase using spybot..." from the context menu?

PepiMK
2007-11-30, 09:52
Except for not selecting the option during installation the first place ;) : yes, just a bit more techy, you need to delete the registry key mentioned above ( HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\sddelfile\ ).