PDA

View Full Version : Donations

Mikewow02
2007-11-22, 03:39
I have no issue with the donation requests but i am having some issues with the following:

1. There is no way, that i can see, to download Spybot S&D without giving up some money.

2. I tried to donate using two different credit cards and both times I got an error stating that is could not verify my credit card. I tried donating $1, $5, and $10.

I am by no means rich so I am trying to give what I have but it just is not happening. I need help getting S&D so I can further my atttempt at ridding my PC of this spyware problem.

P.S. I am new to Spybot so any help is appreciated.

tashi
2007-11-22, 04:04
Hello.
I have no issue with the donation requests but i am having some issues with the following:

1. There is no way, that i can see, to download Spybot S&D without giving up some money.

2. I tried to donate using two different credit cards and both times I got an error stating that is could not verify my credit card. I tried donating $1, $5, and $10.

I am by no means rich so I am trying to give what I have but it just is not happening. I need help getting S&D so I can further my atttempt at ridding my PC of this spyware problem.

As Spybot-S&D is free for personal use, may I ask where, and from whom, you are trying to download from?

Edit:
Response to another member regarding so called "registration".

Well, I'm afraid you were cheated :sad:

Spybot-S&D fully works, donation or not, same service for everyone, etc. ;)

We do not block cleaning, we do not block scanning, we do not even have any "Unregistered" warnings. nor serial numbers. If people want to donate, fine, but we want to persuade them through quality, not through such silly enforcements ;)

Some companies spread rogue software using our name in advertisement though, the most popular example probably being "SpywareBot".

I suggest you download the real Spybot-S&D from our server (http://www.spybotupdates.com/files/spybotsd15.exe), and try to get your money back from whoever sold you the fake one. If they don't cooperate, you can always call your credit card company and tell them it was fraud, in which case you'll get your money back as well.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?p=138665

marthig
2008-08-13, 02:29
I am sorry about the problem the creator of this thread had.
I went to all the trouble of registering so I could add my two cents of praise to the Spybot S&D creator and the team.
I have been using it together with the other great program Spywareblaster (that one you can use also free, though there is an option to purchase/donate)
Anyway I am a happy and in some case most grateful user since December 2003 or 2004 and wanted to say just congratulations and thank you :bigthumb: :heart: :flowers:

eddcase
2008-08-19, 13:10
I am sorry about the problem the creator of this thread had.
I went to all the trouble of registering so I could add my two cents of praise to the Spybot S&D creator and the team.
I have been using it together with the other great program Spywareblaster (that one you can use also free, though there is an option to purchase/donate)
Anyway I am a happy and in some case most grateful user since December 2003 or 2004 and wanted to say just congratulations and thank you :bigthumb: :heart: :flowers:

Me too. I've used the program for years and it is brilliant. You guys rock! THANK YOU :bigthumb:.

water_farie
2008-08-29, 19:17
My sister downloaded spybot on my computer in 2004 and it is totally free!! I download all the updates and find the answers to my questions and queries helpful.
So thank you Spybot Team, keep up the good work I think you are all angels:angel:

I am waiting to get rid of my 'problem' before I donate as I think it is a worth while cause......

xshifterx
2008-12-02, 02:33
I have DL it years ago and walked many people through the process of DL from www. download.com where it is free and cleaned many problem off my computer along with countless others.

I never donate to anything unless its a) worth it b) deserving c)if there Italian lol(just joking had to put that in)

I have made my second donation in the last 2 and a half years.This product is by far the best out there and will be for many years.

Well worth the donations. Keep up the good work and most important keep the woman happy!!!

Ciao:present:

Terminator
2008-12-02, 15:27
Mikewow02 I'm afraid you've been duped into downloading a fake version of Spybot as the legit version is free to download and use and the only version you have to pay for is the Corporate Edition

dosxx
2008-12-25, 13:15
you guys kick azz..and im gonna donate as soon as i can..as soon as i get money that is...thanx for the work and effort put into S&D:bigthumb:

dosxx
2008-12-28, 10:19
well i dun donated to the cause...probly donate sumore when i can spare sumore...a big thanx to everyone at SN:D:

justvaness
2009-01-05, 03:53
Just wanted to say that I had no problem at all with the donation process. It was very quick and easy. I'm so thrilled with Spybot. It saved me a ton of money that I would have spent at the pc repair place. Thanks for everything Spybot crew!
:heart:
Vanessa

spybotsandra
2009-01-05, 15:07
Thanks. :)

lt1bird
2009-02-04, 02:02
Just donated again for the second time. Top notch folks with products that work! Thank you again for the killer service.

Dan

tashi
2009-02-04, 02:11
Thank you very much lt1bird. :heart:

Mark 42
2009-03-03, 00:32
1. There is no way to download Spybot S&D without giving up some money.

2. I tried to donate using two different credit cards and both times I got an error.

There are some counterfeits out there.

"Spybot 2009" almost got me!

Maybe Spybot's owners should go after them for copyright infringement.

I wish our government would stop wasting time on stupid laws protecting
us from ourselves and from things that are ridiculous and go after producers
of Malware and Trojans and Viruses!

spybotsandra
2009-03-03, 09:19
If it would be that easy to get them that would be nice. But it is not.

Mark 42
2009-03-03, 18:27
I just reported the URL that infected me to the FBI. (https://tips.fbi.gov/)

(I'm pretty sure I know which one it was w/o trying to open it)

tashi
2009-03-03, 23:09
Hello Mark 42,

If it would be that easy to get them that would be nice. But it is not.

Also,
http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=294682&postcount=4

Regards.

Mark 42
2009-03-04, 01:15
Hello Mark 42,Also,
http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=294682&postcount=4
Regards.
Well, I went and did that, but don't see it as something effective.
Didn't really even make me feel all that much better.

dreifels
2009-03-07, 04:07
As long as you offer only PayPal for donations, you'll get no cent from me (and from other)

PayPal is banned for several reasons. I NEVER use Paypal anymore. (also never use eBay again) :devil:

If You create acceptance by Alterpay.com :D: or by Moneybookes.com :D:, you'll get some.

Bill Clark
2009-04-02, 22:44
Is it possible to send you a check?

Mark 42
2009-04-03, 00:49
Is it possible to send you a check?

SURE! :laugh:

Tintin
2009-04-05, 10:36
you guys totally rock,:band:

I would rather donate 100$ then buy a different program for 50$ honest xD

though i am but a poor kid so not much luck on that but maybe someday when I got a job and stuff :2thumb:

but also your software is great I bin using it so long I can't remember how long lol still great though xD
picks up so much stuff then my other programs don't, but that could be cause I run it first and more often to though ;)

tashi
2009-04-05, 15:38
Cheers Tintin and :welcome: to Safer-Networking.

canucklehead50
2009-05-12, 01:18
Donated before and will be donating again, I've experienced the cost and inconvenience of taking a system in, and even a $100 donation is still a considerable savings. Not to mention I learn what's happening to my system and how to avoid it in the future instead of "your computers fixed, see the cashier on the way out".
Cheers and Thanks. (again)

tashi
2009-05-12, 02:08
Thank you canucklehead50. :angel:

ATW-Genie
2009-06-17, 01:42
I don't have much to offer, but I wanted to let you know I like the work you do!!!
:thanks:

tashi
2009-06-17, 03:32
Thank you ATW-Genie. :oreo:

Wildbill
2009-07-04, 06:44
Just downloaded "Seek and Destroy" today at the recommendation of a friend.

It found about 200 threats and fixed them all with a single restart of my PC. :thanks:

I made a modest donation of $30 US. Worth every penny in my opinion. Looking forward to learning more on these forums also. :rockon:

tashi
2009-07-04, 08:19
:welcome: Wildbill and thank you!

Terminator
2009-07-04, 12:15
Don't you mean "Spybot Search And Destroy"? I've never heard of a program called "Seek and Destroy".

JohnTagnor
2009-09-03, 18:34
Hello everyone, I just finished registering here, although I have been using Spybot for years now, I can kick myself in the butt for not registering a long time ago, although I have donated before and I do plan on donating again come payday :laugh:, I just wanted to make this first post here to say thank you all who work hard to keep this program going and to let everyone know that this program rocks! I just downloaded this last night on a friends computer of mine because I noticed one of those fake anti-virus programs he got conned into downloading was telling him he had this that and the third wrong with it so I ran Spybot and it took that and HEEEEEP more off for him its running smooth now and malware free, I told him not to thank me but to thank you guys and make a donation when he can and he told me he would, after I registered I looked at the updates here in the forums and sure enough posted yesterday was that Personal Anti Virus malware program listed ( you guys are on top of it with updates GOOD JOB FELLAS ) I refer everyone I know even my customers ( I’m a computer Tech for a cyber cafe ) to Spybot and tell them to donate if they like the program and have the extra cash. So again thanks to everyone who helps make spybot the gr8 program it is and keep up the good work guys you rock!

tashi
2009-09-03, 18:48
Thank you for your kind words JohnTagnor, we are happy that you like our program and took the time to tell us. :flowers:

Cheers.

Matt
2009-10-09, 11:11
I want to make a little donation, but I've to wait for PepiMKs answer to my email. :bigthumb:

Thank you TeamSpybot for your help and openness according to my OpenSBI files. :)

spybotsandra
2009-10-09, 11:59
Hello Matt,

He is a bit busy these days. Perhaps I can help you? Did you had a question?

Best regsrds
Sandra
Team Spybot

Matt
2009-10-09, 12:55
He is a bit busy these days. Perhaps I can help you? Did you had a question?
I've sent an E-Mail to donations(at)spybot.info ;)

spybotsandra
2009-10-09, 12:56
got it :)

Matt
2009-10-11, 21:26
I want to make a little donation...
Completed. My donation is on the way to you. :bigthumb:

spybotsandra
2009-10-12, 11:30
Thank you so much. :)

sinclaircats
2009-11-01, 12:39

I found the easiest way was via paypal. It's so fast so long as you have an account and the only downside to it is I think spybot have to pay to withdraw what you send . The easy way out of that is I pay a little extra to hopefully cover their costs for my donations

Zolesz
2010-07-02, 01:53
I have downloaded the program only some hours ago and it seems to work great for me and I think soon I will donate (my PayPal is null). I'm very happy when I see that others are doing the same thing because the developers of this great program deserve it. :)

spybotsandra
2010-07-02, 10:54
Hello,

Thank you very much for your offer to make a donation. :)

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

schumacher62
2010-07-22, 18:21
i donated $10 the day i made my first and only plea for help in malware, expecting help and thinking i might as well pay for the good advice to come.

that was 5 days ago, and there has not been a single comment on my post as of yet.

still, i see it as money well spent, if it keeps the forum open and able to help others through possibly devastating times, its all right by me.

tashi
2010-07-22, 21:37
Hello schumacher62,

Your earlier topic in the Tavern.

"how long to wait for a response?"
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=58657

New Malware forum topic: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=58658

As informed via response to your PM, starting a new topic does mean your issue has a new date which sets you back.

If you like I can merge all your posts in the original topic and you can post in the waiting room.

i donated $10 the day i made my first and only plea for help in malware, expecting help and thinking i might as well pay for the good advice to come.

As with any malware removal forum staffed by trained volunteers, all members are given equal assistance. ;)

Donations given towards support of the site and Spybot-S&D (free for individual use) are always gratefully received. :)

Best regards.

nthl0gik
2011-03-08, 13:12
hi ... i'm somewhat new to this forum.
i used to have spybot S&D 1.4, though, i had to recently re-install windows and it seemed to have gotten lost, but now i have version 1.62, and my question is: upon sending a money order for a donation (since i don't do credit cards or paypal) where in the world are they located ???? ...............
(safer-networking.org corporate HQ?) so i could send it via postal mail. i feel certain that would truely be the best way to donate the money & gain peace of mind. i was considering a 40 - 60 $ donation...... perhaps another or more installment of moneys as time would unfold.

..... and i thank everyone who reads this for their time

:euro: :D:

Terminator
2011-04-05, 21:56
I've just donated a couple of pounds for saving my neck earlier due to a nasty infestation of FunWebProducts which Spybot managed to shift :thanks:.

tashi
2011-04-05, 22:35
Thank you for your donation Terminator! :flowers:

hogheadv2
2012-01-15, 10:09
:bigthumb: With some head banging and sidestepping IE, to load you with firefox ... Fake windows home defence 2012 would not let IE run.
Paypal would not gift you a bench charge until I sighed into Spybot forums.
Thank you, Hogheadv2 :cool:

tashi
2012-01-15, 16:44
Hello hogheadv2,

Safty First
:bigthumb: With some head banging and sidestepping IE, to load you with firefox ... Fake windows home defence 2012 would not let IE run.
Paypal would not gift you a bench charge until I sighed into Spybot forums.

Could you clarify please, is your computer infected?

Best regards, :)

houseofchill
2013-05-14, 06:20
I been using Spybot for years and give something at least once a year. It is indispensable software. If you allowed bitcoin donations it would make it easier and cheaper to donate so I'd probly do it more often.

spybotsandra
2013-05-14, 10:54
Hello,

Thank you very much for your donation. :)

At the moment we offer the possibility to donate through PayPal, WorldPay, Credit Card, Check, Bank Transfer and Cash.
That are quite a few options. ;)

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

bbnetwork
2013-05-22, 14:31
Hi

is it planned to include donations, using prepaid-cards, such as UCash or PaySafeCard?

I also would like, if this method(s) would be possible for ordering a licence.

spybotsandra
2013-05-24, 12:00
Hello,

No, this is not planned.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Atombg
2015-12-03, 17:57
Hello all, I'm new member.
I used "SpyBot" I am very grateful.
I donated as much as I could to begin.
Thank you all for commitment.

tashi
2015-12-03, 18:04
:welcome: Atombg

Thank you very much for your donation and kind words. :)

tashi

Lyndafinn
2016-05-17, 23:20
I've just donated to Spybot because I find it a useful defender of my computer :) However, I'd like to say thanks to whoever puts in a lot of hard work to provide this free service. They say there's no such thing as a free lunch but I've found the Internet to be the place where that maxim is confounded.

I'm not sure this message will ever reach the right people - but I'm deeply grateful anyway.
My sons are both in IT and for the 1% of thanks they get, the rest is, at best a take-for-granted attitude and at worst, complaints and whinges.

So THANK YOU hard working programmers :)

tashi
2016-05-18, 07:07
Hello Lyndafinn, :welcome:

I'm sure the entire team will appreciate hearing of your nice post.

Thank you! :flowers: