PDA

View Full Version : comp now working impropeerly with update to 1.5

soundssupreme
2007-11-26, 23:19
Can you help please.
I have been using version 1.4 since it came out and have generally been very happy with it. I also use ad-aware now on version 2007) and avg anti-spyware.
I learned that the new version of spybot was out and uninstalled 1.4 as per forum instructions (including the reg fix download).

I then installed it and had the floppy drive scanning and spybot shut down problem so looked in the forums again and downloaded 1.5.1.18 beta as this was supposed to fix this and a few other problems.

I have now had to uninstall it because of a couple of problems as follows:-

I have bearshare installed and have done so since I had 1.4 without problems but with 1.4, I always ignored the scan results to remove bearshare problems that were shown, but this time I decided to remove the problems as I don't use bearshare much at all anymore.

This is when the problems started; When I clicked on the remove problems or fix problems button (can't now remember what it was called !!), the registry shield from within spybot (or maybe tea timer) came up with multiple settings to remove files with some sort of id number (I think it was a letter then several numbers), I clicked on allow and, remember this, and clicked many times until it stopped. I closed spybot and did not pay it any more attention; That was until I re-booted in the morning and then the computer took a long time to boot up and when it did, I initially got only the background of the desktop with no icons, then eventually the icons appeared but not the tea timer icon usually near the clock.
Then, after a bit of hard drive activity, the same tea timer window came up as it did when I was removing the bearshare scan entries in spybot, asking the same as it did then, and made me tell it to allow the change and had to click my mouse multiple times to make it stop.
I decided to remove it completely and this stopped the problem and made the computer boot properly, but what is wrong with 1.5 ?
Has this only happened because I removed the entries for bearshare ?
Why does the tea-timer keep asking the same questions every boot up ?
This used to happen with 1.4 on 2 items I removed with a scan and this was o.k. but it would only come up as an information window to the right of the desktop as if to tell me it was allowing the change but did not need user interaction as it did this time.
I would like to put 1.5.1.18 back on but I am afraid it will make my computer unstable or possibly un-bootable.
Can anyone explain what has happened here.

Thanks very much in advance.
Sincerely,
Soundssupreme.

RedSoxFan
2007-11-27, 13:04
I don't know,I hope someone can help you out.That's why I'm holding back on installing 1.5,many ppl having problems.I've been using 1.4 since it came out and never any problems(even now with Vista).So why should I upgrade?

soundssupreme
2007-11-27, 15:22
I quite agree with you.
1.4 has been great and I have now installed this back on and having no problems so why upgrade ?
I should have waited until all the bugs were sorted out first and this is what I will do.
Thanks for replying.
Sincerely,
Soundssupreme.

soundssupreme
2007-11-29, 00:07
bumping question

NigthEyes
2007-11-29, 09:17
i am sticking with 1.4... :bigthumb: