PDA

View Full Version : Spybot Confusion

Max Kreeger
2007-11-29, 11:50
Hello

I'm a new user of Spy Bot and have a few questions.

1.) When I ran Spybot it found 9 entries 3 of them were security settings changed. When the scan completed. I fixed them. But what confuses me is how did it fix it. Did it return the settings to what they are supposed to be or what.

2.) If Spybot does find Spyware does it delete it permanently.

Thank you
Max

MisterW
2007-11-29, 12:16
Hello Max,
1) Right, Spybot changes the security settings to the value they should be. If you changed these settings by yourself and do not want spybot to detect them you can ignore this products by a right click on the thread and choosing "exclude this product from further searches"

2) If Spybot finds some Spyware on your computer and you let Spybot fix it, it should be permanently removed. If not feel free to contact Team Spybot here or via mail.

regards,
Markus

Max Kreeger
2007-11-29, 12:24
I'm not entirely satisfied. See what happen is today while I was at school. My mum says that someone logged onto my account and that under her name there were 30 programs running. So I installed Spybot today and found 9 problems and now I'm worried there might be something else left. What can i do to ensure my security?

Thank you
Max

spybotsandra
2007-11-29, 12:38
Hello,

Please send us a complete bug report. In order to do so, please run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to Advanced Mode via the menu item Mode, let it scan, try to fix the problems (!) and then go to "Tools" --> "View Report". Tick all the 10 checkboxes (leave "Do not report disabled or known legitimate items" unchecked) you can find there and click on "View Report". Now choose "Export" and save the file to your desktop. Please attach this file to your email and send it again to detections(at)spybot.info.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Max Kreeger
2007-11-29, 12:55
Ok thank you again

Max Kreeger
2007-11-30, 08:42
Hello
I've got another problem. Today when I turned the computer on my Norton Anti-Virus was turned off and in the bottom right corner of my screen where my volume icon is and all the other things. Theres a Spybot icon and when I run my mouse over it, it says Spybot resident S&D and then under that that 56271 processes have been blacklisted. What does that mean and when I try click on it it doesn't open. Whats does it do and what it mean.
Thank you
Max

spybotsandra
2007-11-30, 11:03
Hello,

That is the resident TeaTimer - the realtime protection of Spybot which has items blacklisted in order to block the baddies from getting in.

Please read this information about TeaTimer:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/33.html
and http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/34.html

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot