PDA

View Full Version : TeaTimer does not run/show when non-admin logs in

RandomUser
2007-11-30, 19:28
Hi, this is a new laptop, it has Vista Home Basic, I do not know if the following problem applies to Vista only or not. (Note: I'm aware of the run-as-admin option)

Default account is admin, I created a non-admin account. If log in admin account, TeaTimer runs and shows up in the tray. If I log off admin and log in non-admin, TeaTimer does not show or run according to Task Manager, after clicking on "Show processes from all users". If I log in both, TeaTimer runs (one instance) but the icon appears only on the admin tray.

I'm concerned because I want the admin account for configuration and thus should be used rarely. It seems to me like the non-admin account is vulnerable. Is there something I should know or is this an actual bug?

Thanks in advance. BTW great app. :)

md usa spybot fan
2007-11-30, 19:44
To enable TeaTimer for a user:
While logged on to the user account, go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode (answer "Yes" to the warning if necessary) > Tools > Resident.
Check the following:Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.

RandomUser
2007-11-30, 19:56
Thanks, that works!

The problem I had, is that I had chosen run-as-admin while on the non-admin account. And I had checked this option and it was selected (I forgot to say it). I just now learned that that one checkmark is different per-user, meaning, that when I ran S&D without the run-as-admin option I saw that it was not checkmarked and so checked it and TeaTimer came up.