PDA

View Full Version : No SpybotSD Resident Tray Icon = Teatimer Protection Deactivated?!?!

NigthEyes
2007-12-03, 03:34
why is it that whenever my computer (with XP Pro SP2) would encounter taskbar or explorer errors, then after reporting the errors to MS and refreshing the taskbar, spybotsd resident tray icon would be removed and teatimer protection would be automatically deactivated too?

i also noticed that by merely 'exiting' spybotsd resident tray icon...teatimer protection is deactivated for good...hence blocked processes can be used/launched again. (i tried hiding all the tray icons via regedit but those taskbar/explorer errors would kill teatimer protection anyway.)

in both situations, spybotsd resident tray icon would be gone, so the scenario for me would be to manually un-check and recheck the spybotsd1.4 resident protection options to re-activate teatimer protection again.

is there any way to make teatimer protection running all the time without dependency upon the spybotsd resident tray icon?

as in the only way to fully deactivate teatimer is by manually disabling it via spybotsd1.4 resident protection options.