PDA

View Full Version : Spybot 1.5 bad url messages every email in yahoo

graham
2007-12-03, 23:24
just installed 5.1 now virtually every time we try to openm an email in my wifes yahoo account we get a bad url message (sometimes doubleclick, sometimes adrevolver).

Yet some of these messages were forwarded form my outlook express account , and I get no messages from spybot if I open them from there.

Is this a bug of somesort

I downloaded latest files and set immunization when I set up ?

graham
2007-12-03, 23:55
looks like its not the emails that are the problem , rather the advert bar at the side of the messages which triggers the bad url message.
Any way to surpress this check (or better still the advert )?

graham
2007-12-04, 16:25
well, you can stop it in yahoo mail area by PAYING yahoo to supress adverts £11 p.a ...but it still occurs on yahoo web popages where they are still active. I guess we just stop using yahoo for anything other than email as we've paid for that now

pleasehelp25
2007-12-05, 07:01
I've noticed something similar with MSN Hotmail, anytime i am gonig to a different page in my hotmail spybot pops up a bad url blocker...i say to allow it to block and then another pops up. I am in the midst of clearing a virus infection from my computer so I thought it might be related to that but perhaps not!

I am not sure if this will help you or not, but i only receive these popups when i am using Internet Explorer. When i check my mail in Mozilla Firefox (which i use most of the time) things are fine.

graham
2007-12-05, 09:41
hmm, I always click deny (to access) rather than allow (to block)...is that what you meant ?

pleasehelp25
2007-12-05, 16:32
Hm, well i've been clicking "allow" as then it says on the bottom of the window that pops up that i have blocked "x" number of urls. Maybe i should be clicking deny? Now i am confused. I just downloaded the new version of Spybot so that feature is all new to me.

kbz1960
2008-02-10, 00:02
I always get ad.yeildmanager.com and the only button that works is deny.

md usa spybot fan
2008-02-10, 00:30
kbz1960:

… the only button that works is deny.
Go into Internet Explorer > Tools > select "Spybot – Search Destroy Configuration". In the "Spybot-S&D - Configuration" window in the "Settings" tab under "When encountering bad things" there are three (3) options:
Block all pages silently
Display dialog when blocking
Ask for blocking confirmation
If "Display dialog when blocking" has been selected, the dialog that appears will not include options to select a choice. It will display either "Deny" as the default choice or "Allow" if you have previously done an "Allow" with the "Always react this way" option.

In order to get SDHelper to let you "Allow" or "Deny" URLs it is blocking, go into Internet Explorer > Tools > select "Spybot – Search Destroy Configuration". In the "Spybot-S&D - Configuration" window in the "Settings" tab under "When encountering bad things" among the three (3) options:
Block all pages silently
Display dialog when blocking
Ask for blocking confirmation
Select "Ask for blocking confirmation".

kbz1960
2008-02-10, 00:44
I did that and now the popup doesn't even come up and mail works fine. I would have thought that I would still get the popup and then have a choice.