PDA

View Full Version : 007 Spy Software found...

enots
2006-01-28, 20:35
This is my first post on this form so I hope that I am posting in the right area.

I let Spybot delete the following on my last scan:
007 Spy Software
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{55C904F2-85EB-4982-BF62-C97108367B3A}

Does this mean someone has installed this Program on my computer or could this have come from another source? I want to be certain about this so when I have a conversation with the potential installer I would like to have my facts in line. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

tashi
2006-01-28, 22:48
Hello there.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3939.html

007 Spy Software is a stealthy computer monitoring software which allows you to secretly record all activities of computer users and automatically deliver logs to you via Email or FTP, including all areas of the system such as email sent, Web sites visited, every keystroke (including login/password of ICQ, MSN, AOL, AIM, and Yahoo Messenger or Webmail), file operations, online chat conversation, and take screen snapshot at set intervals just like a surveillance camera directly point at the computer monitor. etc.

Is this your personal computer and not a company computer with an IT person installing programs for the owner?

Cheers. :)

enots
2006-01-28, 23:21
Thanks for the quick reply...
This is My personal computer with only one other person with access to it.
Also...I would like to know if it is all possible this could be a false-Positive?

tashi
2006-01-29, 00:39
Ok thank you.
Let's take a look at the system and find out. :)
If it was an f/p it will alleviate your concerns.

Open SpyBot, check for and get any updates available.
Close all browsers, check for problems and fix everything found in red
Then on the toolbar menu select mode and switch to advanced mode, on the left lower down select tools, and view report, ensure all the options are selected near the bottom except

Uncheck[ ] do not report disabled or known legitimate Items.
uncheck[ ] Include a list of services in report.
Uncheck[ ] Include uninstall list in report.

Now select (near the top) view report.
Press export in the save in box choose a place such as your my documents folder, then in your next post near the bottom select the "browse" button; navigate to and attach or post that report please.

enots
2006-01-29, 01:32
Here is the report
The other report...Less info though.

tashi
2006-01-29, 01:59
Hello enots. :)

I will ask Lonny to take a look at the log as I am not seeing that program.

The top of the Spybot log showing what it flagged is missing, could you copy that part into this topic so that Lonny can see what Spybot did to clean up please.

It is the top part of the log that shows the version and definition updates.

Thanks.

LonnyRJones
2006-01-29, 08:39
Hi

Your log looks fine, I can see it is SSD 1.4. the topmost portion would have been nice to see so we could confirm the updates.

I'm unsure if "007 Spy Software" has to be manually installed, i assume like most other spyware it can be picked up simply by visiting an untrusted website

enots
2006-01-29, 17:07
Hi

Your log looks fine, I can see it is SSD 1.4. the topmost portion would have been nice to see so we could confirm the updates.

I'm unsure if "007 Spy Software" has to be manually installed, i assume like most other spyware it can be picked up simply by visiting an untrusted website

Tashi and Lonnie,
Thank You for your time and effort on this. This makes me feel a little better knowing that this program has not been installed on my computer.

LonnyRJones
2006-01-29, 17:47
We noticed your java is outdated

Update suns java manualy
Sun Java V1.5.0_06 is Available: http://java.com/en/index.jsp
Afterwards Turn off it's auto-updater,(Its buggy) , in control panel java >
update tab uncheck its option to update automatically.
After you install the newer version its important to uninstall the old versions, via addremove programs.